Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misc59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,266
Message 201 of 212

Re: YOGA 730 flickering, Screen blicking

Hi...great idea...take up more time to deal with a known problem...my solution is even better...cancelled by order!
Misc59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,264
Message 202 of 212

Thanks for posting...cancelled my order for 2.
raulsansan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,219
Message 203 of 212

Quick update:

I got my repaired laptop 2 days ago... 

this time they replaced the screen. It took over a month to get this flickering problem addressed and two attempts to the lenovo repair center.  Remember, the firs repair attempt was nothing short of a joke. Check out my previous post.

I tried hard to get my money back. I escalated as high as I could. The rep from Lenovo said it would take another major repair before that option is offered to me. I insisted i did want this piece of dung of a computer. They held their ground and I had to accept a screen replacement as the solution. 

The lustre on owning a Lenovo Yoga tablet has long faded.  The poor customer service (understatement) and poor repair experience (another understatement) has soured my desire to own this piece of dung of a computer. When I power it ON I say "OK let's see if this piece of shiet works"...

I appologize in advance if I sound like an ingrate but **bleep**... this is a terrible experience. I don't blame the employees, this is a company issue/policy that does not give a shiet.  I do blame their leadership for generating these dumb policies which results in no "repeat customers".

I have no choice to keep this laptop... although I"m waiting for the other "shoe to drop". I've read in this forum about people who have reported problems even after the display was replaced.

In summary... you can do better. Stay away from lenovo products. They don't deserve your hard earn money.

They don't care about you... the customer, and apprently they don't need repeat customers. 

Good luck with your computers, and with your repair experience. If you just bought a Lenovo and still within the return period, take it back. It's just a matter of time before you feel screwed.  

symphy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,139
Message 204 of 212

I'm so sad to read this is such a common problem. Why are they still selling this model? 

Here's my flickering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5sxB4GO6uo

As a work computer, it's not like I can go weeks or months without it. But I don't think it's fair to just have a $900 paperweight either.

Honestly, I LOVED the laptop and the pen I bought for it. My first-ever Lenovo. But it's not usable half the time and I feel really taken advantage of. 

amg123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,127
Message 205 of 212

I just wanted to post a quick update. After being run through the ringer, I finally received a call from someone higher up in customer care. They sent me a Yoga 930 as a replacement for the 730.  The 930 has been working okay so far. I’m just disappointed that I had to contact support so many times before I received a resolution. Good luck to everyone-it’s not a fun experience to go through!

Lisapjs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 426
Message 206 of 212

Well I am back. 6 months after being given a new laptop of the same model... gues what..... this one is flickering as well. Sigh not even going through the service I use this laptop for work. Heading to buy a Surface. SMH 

zunny
Fanfold Paper
Views: 422
Message 207 of 212

Quick reply from writer,

I Used the laptop with an external monitor for a long time, and last December I repaired it.

Now I am using it for 6 months and it is still fine.

It seems it was definitely not a software problem but a hardware problem. 

Highlighted
GlobularCluster
Fanfold Paper
Views: 381
Message 208 of 212

I first posted last year and it's been months since my last post. 

I first found this thread when my 730-15 began the flicker screen issue very soon after purchase.  I would have got a refund, but all Best Buy would offer is an exchange and not even store credit.  

Anyway, I have lived with the occasional flickering, in hopes Lenovo would improve their handling of repairs, or better yet exchange, or refund.  I also didn't want to deal with factory restting everything and hoping my backup would restore proper when/if I ever got the thing back from repair.

As I approach the end of my warranty period, I notice Lenovo hasn't stepped up as I had hoped.  I was dreading sending it in all the more.

Then, out of no where, the flickering has stopped!  **bleep**!  I'm afraid I may jinx it by saying so, but the issue has vanished!  

What seemed different about my flicker than you others, I could always get the screen to flicker by plugging anything into any one of the USB ports.  It seemed this caused the system voltage to drop and or taxed the laptop in some way to cause the flicker everytime.  The flicker would last only for the short period of the device first being plugged in.

My general flicker without a USB connected device too seemed to relate to some processing stress my laptop was under at the time.

I'm just posting now to report that flickering has stopped.  I don't know why, or if it will last.  I have plugged the same USB hardrives, phones, etc. and it has not flickered at all.  No general flickering at all.  It has been solid for 2 days and that has never been the case.  Even when general flicker was briefly absent in the past, I could always verify it still existed with the USB method.  Not anymore!

Fingers crossed!

Anyone else notice improvement?  Could there have been a backdoor patch?

Max62
What's DOS?
Views: 233
Message 209 of 212

Thank you guys, just cancelled my order.

BrimStone
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 210 of 212

After I read the hopeful post from 6/15/19, I did a (yet another) comprehensive software update. Since then, it has seemed less of a problem. There have been a few occassions, after a reboot or sleeping monitor, where my screen is scrambled for about a second before resolving itself. Before, I would have to push the power button (sleep), use my mouse or keyboard to wake the screen, and pray. I'm very hesitant to use my warranty after reading about the experiences others have had. This display is not the pleasure I thought it'd be when I made my purchase.

I'm not sure how related it is, but I still have a terrible issue with more than 70% brightness. Mostly unseen at 70%, the ghosting of brighter elements smears up my display. Between its dimness and the glossy glare it can still be difficult to see what I'm doing inside, and impossible outdoors without cranking the brightness and squinting through the ghosts.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors