Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaleel_udyawar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,023
Message 91 of 205

Re: YOGA 730 flickering, Screen blicking

I am also facing the same issue with Yoga 730. This laptop is just 1 week old. The flickering some time is so bad that i cant use the laptop. Touching the lower left side of screen above the hinges stops flickering. Looking at the forum, it seems so many people are facing same issue and its very clearly evident that either Lenovo is clueless or trying to hide the potential h/w issue ?

Lisapjs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,001
Message 92 of 205

I received a replacement one a few weeks back( the specs were upgraded as well without requesting as a courtesy) have been using it for 2 weeks so far so good. But I am worried that it too will start flickering in about 3 months time. Will keep everyone informed if it does. Lenovo also extended the warranty and added in house service so I dont have to send it away next time.... hopefully all is well and I no longer have to post here. 

laomai
Punch Card
Views: 947
Message 93 of 205

@dsbuedette, it's great that you got your laptop back. Seems like they have not found the root cause of the problem though. I hope that Lenovo will realize that this is not something that can be fixed by a replacement by reading the feedback from this thread.

In the meantime, my part is delayed again despite me calling them up to confirm that they shipped the part. I am really angry. The Escalation team is supposed to call me but I have not received a call yet. Arrgghh......
Sonkway
Fanfold Paper
Views: 920
Message 94 of 205

@laomi is yours at the Memphis location?  Mine is there for repair. I contacted support recently and they gave me a "committed" date of 10/28 for when the part will arrive. Hopefully there will be a decent supply. And that it actually fixes the issue of course.

MrBaker01
What's DOS?
Views: 871
Message 95 of 205

yes. Correct on both accounts. They don't have any idea what is going on and are replacing people's laptops hoping that the problem goes away. Nice customer service. Suffice it to say I am telling everybody I can never to buy from this company.
tiagonadolny
What's DOS?
Views: 832
Message 96 of 205

Same is happening to me. USA

What should we do about it? 

Is thare a recall, or something?

GlobularCluster
Fanfold Paper
Views: 817
Message 97 of 205

I wish there was some communication from Lenovo on this thread.  I too would like to know how to proceed.  

A big issue is the situation of us having installed multiple programs on these things.  I've found out already by exchanging 730s, MS Office license doesn't play well after mutiple installs on other machines.   Would be nice to be able to backup, then factory reset to blow away personal info, etc. before shipping to Lenovo... then restore when fixed laptop comes back.  (Whenever that may be.)

This latest info regarding laptop replacement sounds good (If that actually becomes the policy for all.), but wouldn't that mean that the restore from the original could not be put on the replacment, due to serial number conflict, etc.?

Forlornpope
Paper Tape
Views: 794
Message 98 of 205

People are finally getting replacements?  Lenovo has apparently stopped responding to my email requests for help and refuse to do anything to fix my situation. Again, just because I moved out of the area of purchase. 

I feel totally ripped off by this whole process. I didn't have the money to spend on a YOGA in the first place, but I did thinking it would give me a solid computer to last me for years. Boy was I wrong. Now I'm not sure I can afford to fix it if it's going to require replacing the motherboard. 

Lenovo - if you're out there. Please don't screw me over. I've spent thousands on your products over the years. Do the right thing. 

laomai
Punch Card
Views: 744
Message 99 of 205

@Sonkway,

I am in Pittsburgh. I have onsite warranty so I did not send mine in. I was also given a "committed" date on 16 Oct. I even called on 15 Oct and they confirmed that it would be shipped. But that date came and the part was backordered again.

I just discovered that their so called escalation is a hoax. After 6 support calls, I could not take it anymore and I asked to speak to their supervisor. Only then did I discover to my horror that my case was not escalated at all despite them saying so. I got the supervisor to create the escalation case on the spot for me and give me an escalation case number. I am now waiting for the escalation team to call me back. With the escalation case number, you can ask to transfer directly to the escalation team, bypassing the ineffective support team.

I will see how it goes from him. But my advice is to ask to speak to a supervisor and get an escalation case number.
Windee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 670
Message 100 of 205

I completely agree. I am a small business owner who has been down 4 weeks with only haging the computer since July. The laptop has been with Lenovo twice. I’ve been unsuccessful with support and have asked for a refund or replacement. (I was conveniently hung up on the last time.)

It’s obviously a manufacturing defect. Is anyone getting any help?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors