Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tallahassee-FL
Paper Tape
Views: 673
Message 181 of 205

Re: YOGA 730 flickering, Screen blicking

Purchased mine in June.  Flickering intermittent until late December/early January when things got really bad.  Contacted Lenovo and they sent me a box to send it back via FedEx.  They turned it around within a few days, replacing the cable and monitor.   So far so good.  Hopefully the fix will last.

sgg4
Paper Tape
Views: 621
Message 182 of 205

Is there known current batch that is known to have fixed all flickering ?

craig91
Paper Tape
Views: 613
Message 183 of 205

Yes, I believe they call it the Microsoft surface laptop line. 

dsburdette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 608
Message 184 of 205

Haha!! Bravo craig91 ... like that one.

I haven't posted in awhile since my daughter's laptop was replaced but keep an eye on this forum as I'm subscribed to it. So far we haven't had any problems with the new laptop and my other daughter's original laptop continues to work. My guess is that Lenovo has/had a large batch of subpar parts. I'm certainly happy that Lenovo EVENTUALLY addressed my problem with a replacement but it was still disappointing enough that I likely won't ever consider one of their laptops again. 

tdnguy83
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 185 of 205

***Update***

its been 3 months since I got my laptop back from repair and so far still good. They had to replace the whole lcd screen and cables. I’ll give another update in a couples months or if the screen crap out on me again 

crix
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 186 of 205

I would like to contribute to the total number of customers who got into this problem. I bought the laptop last Saturday (26 Jan) and the flickering started on Saturday's night. Not even 24 hours. It was getting worse yesterday. I like every single thing about this laptop so this is so unfortunate.

What made me more upset is, I bought it on 20% discount and if I return this, I cannot buy a new laptop with the same discount. Which mean, I only can get i5 with the same price I paid for i7. I felt that I have been cheated and scammed. Lenovo should have fixed the problem before put it on the shelves. I am really disappointed. This is not 500e worth laptop Smiley Sad

iamtired
Punch Card
Views: 436
Message 187 of 205

It's going back to the repair center. I hate this laptop so much. It's not even a laptop, it's a worthless piece of metal. And of course, they won't allow a replacement or refund until it's still not fixed after THIS time and they decide that it's worth escalating. 

raulsansan
Paper Tape
Views: 409
Message 188 of 205

I agree with your comments "Iamtired". 

This is a bad pieces equipment, purchased with our hard earned money. I just sent mine in today for repairs via FedEx. Pretty bad experience thus far. I'm not hopeful on results as others on this "thread" stated that they had problem re-occur, even though Lenovo had "repaired" the issue. 

The more shocking issue is that "crix" purchased his/her laptop a couple of days ago and had problems within 24 hours. 

Amazing... just amazing... (in a bad way).   CRIX... if you read this thread... don't even bother... take it back to the store and get your money back.... Your Welcome...   Smiley Happy

I hope we get good results which in my "book" would be a refund.

I'll easily take $0.50 on the $1.00 as a refund.   If I have to, I'll take a replacement laptop. 

One last comment... sending the laptop back for "repairs"  is no easy chore... You have to remove all your personal files (for all users) to ensure you're data is not compromised.... Before I get negative comments... I understand I need a better file management system and should use external drives better....

Bottom line... sending back presents its challenges too... 

sgg4
Paper Tape
Views: 405
Message 189 of 205

i wanted so much to order this notebook. But...

I have seen same **bleep** from other corporates -- dell xps 2013 would freeze in gaming ,, asus ROG 2016 has it own issues..

when these defects happen, corporates don't listen - a bunch of people on internet forum. they don't give a **bleep**. ef em. 

Tom_M_FL
What's DOS?
Views: 384
Message 190 of 205

I am on my 4th Lenovo Yoga 730-13.  The 1st was an open box with line running through the screen.  The 2nd was open box with USB port damaged.  The 3rd was brand new and the flickering issue made the unit unuseable.  Now, the 4th is fine.

I struggled with the flickering on #3 for a month while traveling in Asia.  When I returned to the U.S. Best Buy replaced #3 no cost.

If you believe what they tell you here, the flickering is a software issue.  I would close the top and turn the unit over and massage the bottom.  Certain pressure points seemed to affect the flickering.  I determined that it must be a pinched or loose cable from the base to the monitor.  I still believe that because this unit (#4) has no problems.

If you have flickering, return it immediately for a different unit.  Also, if your unit has a Realtek wifi you are going to have problems with that also.  All new units are shipping with the Intel part.  If you return a unit for repair, they replace the Realtek with an Intel wifi part.

This laptop is wonderful but they seem to have production issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors