Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crix
Paper Tape
Views: 870
Message 191 of 205

Re: YOGA 730 flickering, Screen blicking

raulsansan: I already returned the laptop yesterday. I was terrified when the laptop was okay (**bleep**! why now??) when I tried to show to the person at the customer service. The guy (customer service) looked at me with an expression "are you kidding me, you just bought the laptop two days ago and claiming the laptop was already broken?". I restarted for a few times, pressed the screen here and there, and yes, it worked (start to flickering)! Hahaha. The guy did ask me if I want to fix it however it will take 2-3 weeks. I don't want to deal with the after effect, so I return it. 

It is so unfortunate because I like the laptop. It is regrettable too because \ cannot buy a new one with a discount. I am upset! I need to finish my thesis in 2 months, and this is my critical period! Crappy lappy. 

What is Lenovo doing? Are they aware of this problem? We are in the official forum. They should have taken note on this. 

ls89251872
What's DOS?
Views: 851
Message 192 of 205

I hav now taken my 730-13 back to Bestbuy for the third time for flickering screen.  This time they replaced the cable and the entire screen on my 6 month old computer.  I guess they decided to pull out all the stops as the next time I take it back will be for a refund

raulsansan
Paper Tape
Views: 816
Message 193 of 205

Awesome CRIX. That is just awesome.
I'm out of a laptop myself, until this gets returned. I'm using my phone to do what I need to do... Not impossible so "I'll live". Not sure when I'll get my laptop. Some on this thread stated that it can take many weeks. You might want to take a look at the Surface Laptop. Good reviews, quality build... a little more pricey but looks like its worth it.
crix
Paper Tape
Views: 742
Message 194 of 205

At the moment, I'm borrowing someone else's laptop. I cannot live without a laptop, I need to complete my thesis! I can stay at the department until 22:00 but sometimes I need a break in between, have dinner and chill a bit before I start in the evening. 

I wish you will get your laptop as soon as possible, with a good and working condition. 

I do have research for Surface Laptop, yes it is quite pricey. I don't think I afford it. Maybe HP Envy? There is a discount on the web, but I haven't decided yet. 

sgg4
Paper Tape
Views: 642
Message 195 of 205

So 

is it the cable ? Is it the display ?

Eventually after they repair it few times does it stop flickering ?

Tallahassee-FL
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 196 of 205

On mine, they replaced both the cable and display.  So far so good - but it's only been a couple of weeks since I received it back from the repair center.

TC0215
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 197 of 205

Did you buy the extended warranty with Best Buy? Now I wish I had however I never knew that my 5 month old computer would be this bad so quickly. So disappointed. My 2nd Lenovo but will definitely be my last.
raulsansan
Paper Tape
Views: 522
Message 198 of 205

I kid you not.... I just received my laptop from Lenovo repair center. I turned it on and I have a dark bar going down the middle.  At least the flickering is only on the bottom half of the screen vs the whole screen...

You got to be fking kidding me.  This is by far the worst piece of shiet (code word for dung) that I have ever purchased in my whole life. This is pure crap... calling it shiet is disrespectful to shiet... LOL. I can only....  This is just too funny...

I'd love to smash this as someone did that wrote about it in the forum but then I won't be able to laugh... 

Dear Lenovo... Your equipment is shiet! 

This is too funny... if I have mis-spelled it's because I cannot proof read due to the black bar in the middle of the screen!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha... I need a drink... Night everyone... and remember to say your prayers and stay away from Lenovo products!

lread
Paper Tape
Views: 475
Message 199 of 205

**UPDATE WITH UNEXPECTED HAPPY ENDING

As you can read in my earlier posts, I had a lot of trouble with my Lenovo. 1st issue with screen flickering popped up quickly and I lost use of the laptop for a couple months while being repaired at the service center. They replaced the screen but that didn't solve the problem and the flickering started again a few weeks later. I refused to send my laptop to the service center again so the agent escalated my case and offered to have a technician come directly to me. Took a few weeks and some back-and-forth, but it did get fixed without me having to send it in. The tech replaced the cable and that seemed to do the trick. Lenovo also extended my warranty as an apology for the inconvenience. 

Fast forward a couple of months and the battery started to act up (for what it's worth, the issue with the flickering seemed to be resolved with the new cable). For whatever reason, the battery would drain even when plugged in. I contacted customer service and demanded my case to be escalated. They refused and said I would have to send in my laptop to the service center for repair. They claimed that since it was a separate issue from the flickering, it shouldn't count as an escalation of a previous case. I stood firm, refusing to send in my laptop to the service center (as a consultant, I cannot be without my work computer for months) and demanding my case be escalated -- this went on for about 2-3 weeks. 

Then seemingly out of nowhere I get a call from an escalation manager offering me a brand new laptop as a replacement and apologizing for the poor customer service to date. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I was offered a Yoga C930-13IKB, which from the reviews seems to be a decent machine and a step up from the 730. After some thought, I asked for a full refund instead since I'd rather not have to deal with Lenovo's customer service moving forward. Took a couple of weeks, but I just received a check in the mail! 

amg123
What's DOS?
Views: 345
Message 200 of 205

I purchased my 730 in August.  In September I purchased dual monitors.  I could never get the VGA cable to connect to the second monitor even though the monitor worked on my 10 year old HP laptop.  I contacted customer service and they determined that my graphics card wasn't properly installed and the computer would need to be sent in for repair.  I'm currently in grad school and use this computer 7 days a week, so I told them it would have to wait until Christmas break.  In October, the screen began to flicker.  My officemate has the same model purchased at the same time and with the exact same problem.  I crossed my fingers that the flickering would be manageable until after finals were over.  I would go to a coffee shop to study and be unable to do so because the screen was flickering so hard non-stop.  I had a terrible time with it during finals week.  I had to download software onto my 10-year-old HP an hour before one of my finals so I would be able to use it during the test.  I sent the computer in for repair on December 18 and received it back on January 10.  Despite me reminding them to repair the graphics card issue at the same time as the screen flicker, they failed to do so.  That case still sat open and I was unable to use a second dual monitor.  After a week of minimal use, the screen flickering issue resumed.  At this point, I reluctantly contacted support.  They told me I would need to send the computer in for repairs.  I told them this was unacceptable and let them know I would be pursuing other avenues of recourse.  They then offered to have a technician come out to repair the computer on-site.  I told them they would need to come to my school to fix it rather than my home.  This was apparently too much for their system to handle.  I waited two weeks with no response.  When I contacted support again, they said my ticket was put in incorrectly so they had made no progress on it.  This customer service agent apologized profusely and the next morning I received a call from a technician that works 20 minutes from my school.  Unfortunately, they had only given him my home address and were going to have him drive several hours out of the way to pick up the parts and drive back.  This was Friday and he was planning to come to my school on Monday after picking up the parts.  Monday afternoon, I hadn't heard from him and called him. He told me that because Lenovo was saying I wanted to change the address the repair was delivered at (the original address I gave them), that they were trying to change where the parts were delivered to.  He was incredulous that they hadn't called me to let me know.  He kept saying, "this has got to get fixed." and seemed surprised that I was not surprised at how ineffective the support is.  He called Lenovo and said he was transferred three times.  He also said they couldn't find the graphics card case (even though I could still see it on my end).  So, they said they wouldn't repair the graphics card issue until the technician was onsite to confirm that it doesn't work (4 months after I put the case in).  On Wednesday, I received a notification from Lenovo that my screen flickering case had been closed.  The email stated that the onsite repair was complete.  When I texted the technician I had been talking to, he let me know that the case had been reassigned to another technician.  I called Lenovo on Thursday during my drive home.  After two minutes of being unable to understand my customer support technician, she attempted to help me, but had to put me on hold for long periods of time during our 30 minute phone call.  She told me they were looking in to whether a technician was coming out, but couldn't give me any details.  She told me someone from their customer care department would be calling me to discuss my case.  I asked if she could give me a timeline for that.  She put me on hold for quite a while, then told me within 3 business days.  On Sunday, it will be 3 weeks since they promised me an on-site fix and I have no idea if anyone is going to be calling me.  At first, I felt like they were just trying to burn the time between now and when my warranty is up, but now I am pretty sure that there is just complete gross incompetence involved.  As a CPA, I thought this company was okay as it was endorsed by the AICPA, but I will be letting them know about my experience.  This is my first and last time doing business with this company.  I have never had a company be so inconsiderate with my time. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors