Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward_Ong
Paper Tape
Views: 1,521
Message 41 of 205

Re: YOGA 730 flickering, Screen blicking

I believe this will be recurring problem. I got my first fix about a month ago but the problem came back after that. Very dissapointed with the product quality and the after sale service. During my first encounter with the screen flickering problem, I was told to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for the part to arrive which left me having to put my laptop aside to depreciate. Further LENOVO do not compensate anything for such incident. Currently I am having the screen issue with the sound card issue where the device is not working despite after reinstalling the driver. This is very upsetting and I will advise everyone to stay away from this brand. 

This is my second laptop purchased from LENOVO. My first device was Y510p and that itself have the same screen flickering issue. I sent for warranty and got back the same issue after 6 months later. Currently I am using it like a CPU with an external monitor screen. Repair is no longer possible as it has exceeded the warranty.

Please stay away from this brand. Very very bad experience.

dsburdette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,505
Message 42 of 205

Yea, I'm not feeling too positive about my impending (if it ever happens) screen repair. I finally heard from the escalation department on Friday (after a month with my laptop and counting), only to have them tell me they'll call me on Monday or Tuesday with an update. This situation has become so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh. Somehow they can continue to build and sell this laptop but can't seem to find a part to repair it.

Lisapjs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,489
Message 43 of 205

No after they said they were replacing at 10am. Then call me at 4pm and say no we are ordering another part and have to wait another 4 business days to see if that will work I dont trust or believe them. Ashley ( the escalation person) understands but is powerless to do anything! Shes waiting from the other department on status for 3 days so far. It's a weekend. Now I'm just letting everyone on sellers website know to beware of the brand. Amazon ,  bestbuy etc. No one should have to go through this. It's ridiculous that no one can say you know what we messed up this model let's reimburse or replace broken units that we cant fix. Even Samsun knows to do that with faulty phones etc. They wont lose a dime with a replacement laptop. Unless they know the replacement will have the exact same problem. Fourth laptop and 3 hap problems 2 of which were within the first 30 days and Bestbuy replaced. This time I did everything through  Lenovo thinking it would be better. Um nope. I've had Yoga 2 pro problem changing to tablet just never used it as a tablet, Yoga 720 screen died within a month ( my sons school, Yoga 920 ( the replacement for the 720) and now this one.  Not a good track record....

naltieri
Paper Tape
Views: 1,344
Message 44 of 205

Lenovo needs to pay attention to all of these people having issues! We purchased our Yoga 730 in the middle of June and it is having this same issue. My daughter is away at college and needs to use her laptop EVERY day and it is not working right. After three calls to Tech Support and many hours on the phone and even having a tech shadow in to the PC no results! Now we are sending it in to be repaired under warranty. Of course they say it will take up to 9 business days IF the part is available. Oh by the way we don't offer loaners, don't send you another computer and don't care that it is a required item for college. Reading everyone elses posts I am discouraged. How could Lenovo not realize this is an issue and FIX it! I will tell you this with 100% certainty if Lenovo does not make this right we will never purchase another product of theirs and we are family with four kids headed to college. LENOVO MAKE IT RIGHT!

dsburdette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,326
Message 45 of 205

As expected, my "escalation" call that I received on Friday in which they called just to say that they would call me by Monday hasn't happened. If anyone from Lenovo support who is monitoring this thread is listening, please note that I'm now considering my laptop stolen by you since you won't fix it or replace it. FIX OUR COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eightdotthree
Punch Card
Views: 1,298
Message 46 of 205

Wow, people are saying that repair takes 2 and 3 months!!! This cant be true, right? I've mostly rolled with Dell for the past few years and I've even convinced the reps their to just send me the part and let me replace it myself. At most, Ive been without a laptop for a week with Dell warranty.

Can anyone chime in on some positive outcomes for repairs through Lenovo? I'm just curious because I'm still within my return window at Bestbuy for my 730 13. It works flawlessy after about a weeks use. Zero issues out of it. I'm actuatly quite impressed with the machine as whole, except for battery. Battery life is pretty terrible. Maybe 5-6 hours of light browsing at around 50to75 percent screen brightness. I run an IT department and am not easily impressed with hardware.

Orges13
What's DOS?
Views: 1,252
Message 47 of 205

Hello guys,

Does it happen to every Yoga 730 or just some laptops?

I bought mine from Bestbuy some days ago and it works good. 
Anyone has good experience with this laptop? I like it and I am moving out of USA soon so I can't return it anymore.

laomai
Punch Card
Views: 1,209
Message 48 of 205

I have the same problem as well Smiley Sad Put in a service request last Friday. They say they will call me in 4-6 business days. It has been 4 business days but I haven't received a call yet. Update says part is being shipped. Anyone know what part they are replacing and if the repair works?

dsburdette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,207
Message 49 of 205

don't count on hearing back from Lenovo. they're ignoring us. I've continually had to call support to only be told someone from escalation will call me. they never do. Apparently they can continue to build, sell, and ship this laptop but the part to fix our laptops is nowhere to be found. Hey Lenovo, I don't work for you but I can tell you where the parts are – they're in the new laptops that you continue to sell to the unsuspecting public who will be on this forum in short order.

laomai
Punch Card
Views: 1,200
Message 50 of 205

Looks like we should find a way to escalate this higher up.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors