cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jocke72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 260
Message 1 of 1

YOGA 73013IKB screen flicker and goes black.

Hello.

My screen has since first month flickered and gone black.

Sometime a small press on top of the screen will do the trick, but as soon as I release it it normally goes black again.

Unfortunately I am working abroad on ships and is in need of my computer daily. That has forced me to check various fixes online, and I have done following to have it running.

1. Opened up and retighted the screws that holds the motherboard, this helped for some time.

2. Fiddled with the connector that connects the touch screen to the mother board. At first this seemed to be the solution, and i built up with some vulk tape to press at the connector when I attached back the bottom cover.

3. After a few days the flickering started again, and it was harder to "restore" it back by pressing the connector. Found out that if pressing slightly from both sides in lower left or right corner stopped the flickering/fading and screen returned to normal state. So for now I have a binder clip mounted over screen and backside in lower left corner. This is the solution for this problem, however just a temporary one...

For me this seems like some kind of grounding issue.

Could you please advise what I need to do for get this screen in a proper working condition.

Wbr

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors