Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babadude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,768
Message 1 of 6

YOGA 900 Does Trackpad Always Go CLICK!

First Windows computer. The 900 is fresh off factory floor in China. My trackpad ALWAYS makes a CLICK noise when I just touch the pad. The only way to not hear that is if I go to the top left or right of the pad then it is silent. The bottom portion always makes that noise. I'm afraid if might drive me nuts. And I'm not talking about punching down on the trackpad, just touching it. Is it supposed to do this? Otherwise my orange 900 is really sweet. Thanks!

Guru
Views: 1,726
Message 2 of 6

Re: YOGA 900 Does Trackpad Always Go CLICK!

The trackpad is clicky, I like it like that. Since its a multi touch trackpad, you can just tap it instead of pressing it and you won't hear a click. Optionally, you can use the touchscreen. And yes, its supposed to click like that 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Babadude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,721
Message 3 of 6

Eric,

Sorry i wasn't clear. When I TOUCH it it clicks. Just touch. Like there's a very small space between the top of the trackpad and the layer underneath. It ALWAYS clicks. When i push down it makes a deeper sounding click. 

Guru
Views: 1,716
Message 4 of 6

That's strange. When I touch mine, theres no sound. Just when I press it, I can hear a click. Sounds like a defective trackpad to me, maybe the whole assembly isn't all tight together. Here's the support site, try contacting them via chat or phone. support.lenovo.com

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

rebstein
What's DOS?
Views: 1,637
Message 5 of 6

So I had the same issue:

If you pop off the back cover, and unscrew the battery, there is a metal flange that houses the button for when you click the trackpad. I cut a credit card and taped a little rectangle of the plastic about 3/4" by 1/4" between that metal piece and the battery which provided a little more support on the back of the trackpad. After replacing the back cover, there was little to no looseness. After looking at it, the overall design of the trackpad assembly could be better. For one, they only used one button in the middle of the left and right click, and when you push the trackpad near the bottom corners, it deflects quite a bit. Also, the button assembly is definitely not stiff enough alone. I would love to say that it's just a problem with yours, but it's a design issue with the trackpad assembly. Maybe they'll fix it for the Yoga 901...
EpicMCD
Paper Tape
Views: 1,198
Message 6 of 6

Mine was the same since new.. Just fixed it and its really simple.

Unscrew the back & carefully remove,

Unplug and remove the battery (5? screws careful not to overtighten on reassemly, plastic holes are weak)

Unscrew and remove the touchpad (6 screws)

Get some alcohol (IPA) (Isopropanol Alchohol, not Indian Pale Ale) on a cotton bud and wipe the sticky adhesive that has crept out from underneath the 2 tiny black plastic pads that are stuck to the stainless steel metalwork (on the touch pad). 

Ironically, i suspect these pads are there to stop the sheet metal from "clacking" against the case metalwork casting when you let go of the TP, unfortunately the adhesive has leached round to the front of the pad and makes a nasty smacking noise everytime you put the lightest of pressure ont he TP.

picture some goop between your thumb and forfinger and the noise it makes when you try and separate them.

hope this helps, it was driving me bonkers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors