Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgibbo
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 1 of 3

YOGA 900 cleaning the rubberised feet

Hi,

So recetly got a YOGA 900 and I have been storing it in a little protective pouch when not in use. This pouch is black and some of the dye has managed to transfer itself onto the rubber feet of the laptop. Does anyone have any advice for cleaning the rubber feet without damaging them, I haven't tried anything yet but thought either rubbing alcohol or fairy liquid and water may work.

Thanks for your time. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 183
Message 2 of 3

Re: YOGA 900 cleaning the rubberised feet

I use denatured alcohol for cleaning things like that.  I prefer not to use rubbing alcohol, because it contains water.  Pure isopropyl alcohol would also be ok.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
jgibbo
Paper Tape
Views: 152
Message 3 of 3

Re: YOGA 900 cleaning the rubberised feet

So used some denatured alcohol and it did manage to shift some of the dye in the feet, couldn't remove it completely but I doubt anything would without destroying the rubber. FYI in the UK for some reason all denatured alcohol has to be sold with a dye added to it (usually a bright purple) unless you have a license for industrial use. Was worried the purple dye would just make the issue worse but fortunately it didn't. Thanks for the reply.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors