Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joyz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 629
Message 1 of 6

YOGA 900 is burning my lap!

My 1 day old Yoga 900 heats up to the point where it is painful to have on my lap.    the area affected is the base running the whole width of the machine.  Is this normal?  when i fold back the screen, the screen also heats up (I guess heat transfer).   I have 6 year old laptop and it is only just starting to do this.  My other laptop can sit on my lap for hours and not heat up (it never heats up).  I am so disappointed.  I really love the look of this computer but "ouch!".

SeniorGuru
Views: 592
Message 2 of 6

Re: YOGA 900 is burning my lap!

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like maybe your Y900 is overheating. It would be helpful if you could install something like the free version of Speccy and post the temperatures it reports. The CPU and motherboard temperatures are shown on Speccy's Summary page.

Views: 544
Message 3 of 6

Yes, this is normal for thin and light laptops like the Yoga 900. On the back, my unit, along with other units (I can see this in Yoga 900 reviews)- will run at around 100 degrees- which is normal if you're pushing the laptop hard. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

SeniorGuru
Views: 533
Message 4 of 6

@EricX wrote:

Yes, this is normal for thin and light laptops like the Yoga 900.  

OTOH the new Yogo 900s gets only slightly warm to the touch. Even more impressive is that Lenovo achieved this using a fanless design for this model.

So it is possible to have cool operation in a thin and light notebook if one makes the appropriate tradeoffs, e.g. slower CPU.

Views: 528
Message 5 of 6

Should of said thin and light laptops with core i processors. The Yoga 900s with a core M is really impressive!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

maglib
Fanfold Paper
Views: 172
Message 6 of 6

call support. they replaced my battery and my screen when this happened to me. In fact, in the end I got a new laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors