Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-08-2017

Croatia

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 1 of 4

YOGA 910 - BSOD + SSD not detected + fan issue

2017-09-08, 10:53 AM

Hello there,

In January this year, I purchased YOGA 910-IKS 13.9 FHD

i5-7200U, 16GB, 512GB SSD, WIN 10

I just want to point out, that laptop is beeing used for normal activity, like everyday surfing, watching movies few programs and without any tweeks to software or anything.

For the first two moths, I was very satisfied with it.

However, just 2 months after using it, laptop was unable to charge, and official service diagnosed that the motherboard is in defect and it has to be replaced. Very shocking to me that just after 2 months, the motherboard in high class laptop has to be replaced. I've waited 3 whole weeks for the process to be done, and by the time I've got laptop back, I've noticed new problems. Crazy loud fan (just the left one!) and problem with touchpad (which had now double click, improperly installed after service). I've sent laptop to 2nd service to get this problems repaired (which were obvious result of unprofessional first service). 2nd service lasted 10 days, and it concluded that the touchpad was unproperly 'clicked' to the rest of the laptop body, but aswell that the left fan is working properly. I was shocked. You can hear the difference in fans between left and right one. The right one is working flawlessly, but the left it's scraping onto something. Their explanation was that the "left one is working louder than the right, that the right can be heard only in silent room". So lets conclude, I had laptop for 2 months, and then it was on service for the next a little more than a month and I had no more will to send laptop to only service which are obviously incapable to fix what they 'broke' in the 1st service.

I needed laptop, that why I purchased it on the first place. Not to be on the service longer than I have it.

I've tried everything to fix this fan (BIOS, drivers, .... ) , I've read all the topcis regardless the loud fan but I'm 100% sure that this is physical malfunction, not the software.

2ND round of problems:

I was getting huge CPU spikes, which were usually followed by freezing the pc, and the problem got away. Not sure if it was to the programs/drivers, since problem occured after I've reinstalled it all, but it happily gone away (the freezing, not the spikes).

3RD round, (while getting home after the vacation, laptop was unsued for 2 weeks) the newest problem are BSOD with various messages and I cant simply find solution to it.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

The BSOD occurs randomly, it can occur right now while I'm typing this post, can occur while I'm watching youtube video and so on. The laptop randomly freezes, and drops out BSOD with one of the messages from above. The BSOD never gets to more than 0% collecting error and sending it. Never.

After force shut down on key, (since it's stuck in BSOD), laptop has 99% chance to unable to boot.

It goes directly to BOOT MANAGER and it shows 0 (zero) possible disks from which I would like to boot. In BIOS, under Hard Disk shows 'Not Detected'.

This problem is killing me, since I can't start laptop for few hours, sometimes for full day. I've tried numerous times shutdown/startup in hope to recognise the SSD to boot the Windows up. It works once in 200 tries.

I have to mention, when in a BOOT MANAGER, it doesn't show the external drivers either (USB,SSD,HDD).

To conclude,

main problems are now these BSOD, unable to recognise the SSD while booting up, and extremely annyoing fan which works 0-24 when the laptop is on, the sound is even more annoying and sound even more wrong when I start any program since the CPU rises.

So I would like to hear opinions on what should I do, since the laptop is in warranty.

Is my only option to send it again to only official service (in Croatia)? Am I able to ask for new one/refund if the service can't repair fan?

Thanks in advance

Options

1 Posts

07-24-2018

Denmark

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: YOGA 910 - BSOD + SSD not detected + fan issue

2018-07-24, 3:53 AM

hello,

did you resolve these issues?

I have exact same model with exact same issues, and progression, except the my fan is working ok.

best regards

fred

Options

3 Posts

09-08-2017

Croatia

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: YOGA 910 - BSOD + SSD not detected + fan issue

2018-09-08, 20:56 PM

Hi, sorry for the delay on reply, I totally forgot on this post.

The problems are still here.

However, I have finally been able to connect to Lenovo Complaint Management via Facebook chat and my case is currently under investigation. But it's already week 6 since the case is opened and there is no resolution in sight. 

I'm very disappointed in Lenovo products and overall behaviour to customers.

EDIT: 

Laptop was on service once more due to freezes and random BSOD.

They have replaced thermal module, and after 2 weeks the problems came right back, so I simply see no point of returning it back on service and beeing without the laptop. 

Options

1 Posts

05-04-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:YOGA 910 - BSOD + SSD not detected + fan issue

2020-05-04, 11:30 AM
Exact same issues with mine. Super dissspointed. Any fixes?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms