Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrKnowNothing
Paper Tape
Views: 1,295
Message 1 of 2

YOGA 920 Thunderbolt 3 Port - No devices found - Solved

Hello there,

I recently bought the Yoga 920 and tried to connect the HP Omen Accelerator for use as an eGPU. However, something seems to be wrong with the thunderbolt connection.

When I connect the accelerator, the device connects for a split second (typical USB connection sound) and then immediately disconnects again (typical USB disconnecting sound). I tried different setups for the eGPU, I tried every possible driver I could find, I tried a different Thunderbolt cable and I followed every step on the Omen Website, nothing changed.

Now, after looking at the Thunderbolt Controller Driver it tells me that the Controller-Driver-Version as well as the Networking-Driver-Version are unknown. I suspect, that there is something wrong with the thunderbolt driver/fírmware. Could it be that somehow the drivers aren't recognized? Any ideas as to where I could continue from here?

Any advice is appreciated!

Regards

MrKnowNothing

Edit: To anyone who has the same problem. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best. Two things could'Ve been the problem:

1. My antivirus blocking something. I uninstalled it and installed a different one, while I was working on the Omen problem, can't verify if that was the reason though.

2. I had the Thunderbolt Programm Window open when I connected the device. Not sure if I had tried that before, but it worked.

So, it was probably either the antivirus or the thunderbolt software not being open before connecting. Anyway, seems to work now.

davidliu9518
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,060
Message 2 of 2

Re: YOGA 920 Thunderbolt 3 Port - No devices found - Solved

Hi, thank god someone also bought the omen egpu. I just bought the omen egpu but it does not charge my laptop and it connect&disconnect when I do not connect the power supply. Is your omen egpu charging the laptop? Where did you find the thunderbolt software to install? Thank you so much!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors