Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rocknrollqueen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 369
Message 1 of 4

YOGA 920 no screen after reboot/restart/start with Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Dock

My Yoga works fine with Thunderbolt 3 eGPU when i put it on when Notebook is running.

If I try to restart or turn Notebook on with eGPU Dock I get no signal for screen. Not on Notebook Display and not on external Display.  There is no way to get a signal on any Port or to change output. The only Way then is a Hard Reset. After that everything works finde, even the eGPU.

I tried this with Razer Core X and HP Omen Accelerator and Razer support said its a Problem with the Thunderbolt3 Driver.

Anybody had this Problem too?

I tried Drivers from Lenovo and from Manufactures.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 348
Message 2 of 4

Re: YOGA 920 no screen after reboot/restart/start with Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Dock

Hi rocknrollqueen!

Welcome to the community forums.

Could you try to update the BIOS from our support website https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (enter your serial number and look for Driver and Sofware tab. Click here on this link as well https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv to download the Lenovo Vantage app and download all the available updates. Once the updates are done, check if the issue remains. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
rocknrollqueen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 331
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for Reply.

All Drivers and Firmwares are from Lenovo and are up to date and I also did the bios update. The Problem still occurs.

I even tried Drivers from Intel Site but still the same Problem.

Any more Ideas?

Do you think it could be a Hardware Problem with USB C/Thunderbolt Port or Controler?

rocknrollqueen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 306
Message 4 of 4

I did a Hardware Scan and found out that there is a failure on Motherboard Pci / Pci-E Test.

The button to send results after Hardware Test is grayed out even if I am logged in.

Is ther no way to open a support case online for this product?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors