Did you mean: 
trlx86
Blue Screen Again
Views: 510
Message 1 of 4

YOGA 92013IKB - Wifi connection is not stable

Hi all,

I am using a YOGA 92013IKB.

Since I have installed this notebook the WiFi is not wirking stable. From time to time I lose connection to available WiFI's. I also tried different ones (home, office). Specaily I am recognize this behaviour when I am connect to external system by Citrix.

If I use a cable connection the performance is perfect and stable.

I do not get any kind of error message. Right now I am not sure if it is a windows issue (I am using Windows 10 Pro) or hardware / driver issue. All available updates are installed.

Hardware is Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter.

I have also installed Norton Internet Security.

Regards

Christian

Guru
Views: 480
Message 2 of 4

Re: YOGA 92013IKB - Wifi connection is not stable

Two things that worked for me.

1. Change power plan settings Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Power Settings > Advanced Power Settings. Expand "Wireless Adapter" and expand "Power Setting Mode." You should see two entries. One for AC, one for battery. Change battery settings to medium power saving or maximum performance.  I think I went with maximum performance.

2. Change Roaming Aggressiveness: Here's the tutorial for an Intel adapter. Pretty much the same for the Qualcomm. Mine is on "3."

There are other things that worked for me. My neighbors all have 2.4Ghz WiFi. Changing my to run exclusively on 5Ghz helped tremendously. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
trlx86
Blue Screen Again
Views: 469
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I checked your first advice. I can not change settings for network adapter for my energy profile. Nothing is available...

In addition I checked the roaming aggressivity. I changed it to 4 (Medium-High). We will see if it helps...

Regards

Christian

Guru
Views: 446
Message 4 of 4

If it doesn't, go lower. Mine is set to 3, though the bigger fix was just locking it down to the 5Ghz channel of my router. No other neighbors are on that channel.

As for the power settings, a Windows Update may have removed them. There are registry edits you can do to put them back if you're comfortable doing it. I can't recall if it was the 910 or 920, but I had to do that on one of them. 

It may also help to look at your Windows system logs in Event Viewer. Look for any errors related to the WiFi adapter.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors