Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelMat
What's DOS?
Views: 140
Message 1 of 3

YOga 920: Stopped connecting to External Monitor

My laptop was working fine until one morning it decided it would not connect to/ recognize any HDMI outputs. I checked my cables and HDMIs with other laptops which worked fine. For some reason my laptop refuses to identify the external monitors. I tried updating drivers, changing the screen to "Extend" mode and even performing a factor reset to no avail. Please help. 

rgh0
Punch Card
Views: 100
Message 2 of 3

Re: YOga 920: Stopped connecting to External Monitor

I presume you are using a USB-C 3 to HDMI converter dongle.

I have found these sensivtive to :the following

1. The actual plug in sequence..... I found I needed to shutdown and restart computer and monitor when tryimng to connect. Then plug in dongle to computer then plug monitor HDMI cable into the dongle. Then start the intel grpahics control software and set thre external monitor as you want it . Sometimes takes multiple trys to get the external monityotr to be recognised by the graphics control software  

2. the cables and dongles used.  ... I t appears easy to not get good connections due to poorly inseted connections or damaged pins in the connectors across the multiple connectors

cheers

Rohan

MelMat
What's DOS?
Views: 73
Message 3 of 3

Re: YOga 920: Stopped connecting to External Monitor

Thanks for your response. I considered that might be the option. However.

• The converter dongle works well when I use it on my friends Yoga 920 system. 
  • Another converter dongle (that my friend owns) does not help recognize the monitor either. 

This is leading me to believe that it might be a problem with either Lenovo or with a recent Windows update. 

Any advice?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors