Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaleedAlkobary
Paper Tape
Views: 507
Message 1 of 6

Yellow Box on Yoga 720 12ikb where touch screen works only out this box

Hi All

I have Yoga 720 12 IKB ideapad, both touchscreen and fingerprint stopped working after aupgrading windows 10 pro. However, I was able to restore the fingerprint functionality but not the touch. When I took the laptop to one of the Lenovo agents in Kuala Lumpur he noticed (Which i did not notice before) that there is a Yellow box around the screen where the touch is working only out of the box and does not work inside this area. He asked for replacing the screen with just 1 month warranty which I simply refused. Any support here?

Yellow Box Yoga 720.jpeg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 477
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yellow Box on Yoga 720 12ikb where touch screen works only out this box

Hi WaleedAlkobary,

We need to identify if the issue is a software or a hardware. Let's boot your laptop into Safe Mode and observe if the issue persists. If it does, there is a high possibility that issue is coming from a software. Let's check the Device Manager and see if the touchscreen needs update:

1. Open the Device Manager.  
2. Navigate to option "Human Interface Devices", then expand to find "HID-compliant touch screen" or "HID-compliant device". If you cannot find these options, click View -> Show hidden devices.
3. Right-click "HID-compliant touch screen" or "HID-compliant device", then click on update.
4. Restart the laptop.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

WaleedAlkobary
Paper Tape
Views: 456
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply. I have rebooted the device on safe mode still the problem exist and i have updated the said drivers with no change.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 453
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for trying out the steps. Let's continue to isolate the issue. Please follow these steps to check if the touchscreen is working on Advanced Options:

1. Select the Start button, then choose Settings.
2. Select Update & security > Recovery.
3. Under Advanced startup select Restart now.
4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

If the issue is does not persist while in Advanced Options, it is clearly a software issue. The best way to resolve this is to reset your laptop to the factory defaults. Please follow the steps here. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Jose_Luis4
What's DOS?
Views: 229
Message 5 of 6

What did you at the end? I am having the same problem
WaleedAlkobary
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 6 of 6

I am replacing the screen.