11-05-2018 10:15 PM
I have Yoga 720 12 IKB ideapad, both touchscreen and fingerprint stopped working after aupgrading windows 10 pro. However, I was able to restore the fingerprint functionality but not the touch. When I took the laptop to one of the Lenovo agents in Kuala Lumpur he noticed (Which i did not notice before) that there is a Yellow box around the screen where the touch is working only out of the box and does not work inside this area. He asked for replacing the screen with just 1 month warranty which I simply refused. Any support here?
11-06-2018 06:19 AM
We need to identify if the issue is a software or a hardware. Let's boot your laptop into Safe Mode and observe if the issue persists. If it does, there is a high possibility that issue is coming from a software. Let's check the Device Manager and see if the touchscreen needs update:
1. Open the Device Manager.
2. Navigate to option "Human Interface Devices", then expand to find "HID-compliant touch screen" or "HID-compliant device". If you cannot find these options, click View -> Show hidden devices.
3. Right-click "HID-compliant touch screen" or "HID-compliant device", then click on update.
4. Restart the laptop.
Let us know how it goes.
11-07-2018 05:07 AM
Thank you for your reply. I have rebooted the device on safe mode still the problem exist and i have updated the said drivers with no change.
11-07-2018 06:54 AM
Thanks for trying out the steps. Let's continue to isolate the issue. Please follow these steps to check if the touchscreen is working on Advanced Options:
1. Select the Start button, then choose Settings.
2. Select Update & security > Recovery.
3. Under Advanced startup select Restart now.
4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
If the issue is does not persist while in Advanced Options, it is clearly a software issue. The best way to resolve this is to reset your laptop to the factory defaults. Please follow the steps here. Let us know how it goes.