Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boliver
Paper Tape
Views: 897
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 11s HDMI won't connect to external monitor

I have a Yoga 11s that started having hdmi connection issues about a year ago and has recently quit connecting to an external monitor via HDMI completely.

We tried upgrading to Windows 10 to see if that would overwrite any software issues - no luck.

The HDMI port actually appears loose.

I did an extensive search of the forum and found posts that recommended cutting down the rubber around the base of the hdmi cord - tried that and at least I had a little activitiy - in the upper right hand corner of the external monitor up popped a box that says DVI then VGA then HDMI - but then says No Signal.

Tried the graphics card update recommended on a post from long time ago and a popup indicated I had a newer version already installed.

I have taken it to a laptop repair place - said they couldn't get parts from Lenovo.

I found an "authorized" Lenovo repair shop locally - when I called they said they only work on business machines

Called Lenovo and they told me to take it to Best Buy - however since I purchased this directly from Lenovo, Best Buy said they can't work on it.

I would rather not send it into Lenovo because they tried to charge my hubby hundreds of dollars when his 15 day brand new laptop quit working, claiming damage - luckily extensive pictures taken and dated prior to sending it in thwarted that attempt at extortion.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to be able to do presentations and work remotely with this so it is not very useful to me right now.

boliver
Paper Tape
Views: 860
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 11s HDMI won't connect to external monitor

Nobody has any clues how or where I can take this to get it fixed???

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 835
Message 3 of 4

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you tried Lenovo's Service Locator to see what repair centers it recommends.   Here is the link.....

http://lenovo.force.com/bplocator

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

boliver
Paper Tape
Views: 830
Message 4 of 4

Yes - and they told me they only work on business machins. I think perhaps it was you that recommended  365 laptop repair and they have emailed me back that they can fix it and have the parts in stock. Need to see if I can find out more about them

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors