Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebeck16
Paper Tape
Views: 401
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 11s - Unstable Bluetooth Audio connection

I have a Yoga 11S running Windows 10.  My keyboard and mouse are both bluetooth and working fine.  I have an adaptor for my Bose audio speaker wich pairs fine but the audio is very unstable.  When I pair my Android phone with the same adaptor it works fine.  I have checked the adaptor on other Bose devices and it works fine.  It's my Lenovo.  I've checked all the drivers I can think of.  Any suggestions?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 365
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 11s - Unstable Bluetooth Audio connection

Hello Rebeck16!

It is possible that the bluetooth device is going to sleep occasionally to save power.

Try opening Device Manager, find your bluetooth device (On my Lenovo, it is a Broadcom bluetooth module. Yours may be an Intel). Right click to go to the device properties. Under the last tab, uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and hit OK.

bluetooth.png

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Rebeck16
Paper Tape
Views: 355
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for responding.  That box is already unchecked and the 2nd box, allowinf device to wake computer, is grayed out.  It's a Realtek Bluetooth 4.9 Adapter.  BTW: Anyrhing on this computer by Realtek is a pain in the ....

I also have a Realtek Wireless Adaptor which is useless for high-speed internet.  If I need my laptop to be connected, it needs to be plugged in with a ethernet cable.  That realyy suprised me.

Rebeck16
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 4 of 8

Any other suggestions?

blero
WWAN
Views: 331
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Do a full Windows Update. Somebody here had its Bluetooth fixed very recently with the recent big update.

And first, the latest BIOS upgrade, of course.

Rebeck16
Paper Tape
Views: 313
Message 6 of 8

Thanks.  I use Lenovo Companion to check my Yoga and don't know enough about Bios to check that.  Does the Companion Optimize computer do that or do I need to do something further?  If so, I need instructions.  

Again, thanks

blero
WWAN
Views: 302
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

When a new BIOS is out, you just download it, run the .exe file, and follow the instructions, it's easy.

But it looks there is no BIOS update proposed right now, at the download page for the Yoga 11s, I don't know why:

http://support.lenovo.com/fr/fr/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/Yoga-11s-Notebook-IdeaPad?... Products|Sub-Series Selected&beta=false

That's where I go from time to time, to check if a new version is out. I don't use the Lenovo bloatware to check for new BIOS or drivers automatically, so I couldn't help you about it, sorry.

So for now, you should just do a complete Windows Update, and hope it fixes your Bluetooth problem.

That's all I know about this problem !

Rebeck16
Paper Tape
Views: 291
Message 8 of 8

Thanks much for your help.  I had looked around for Bios Update but couln't find anything so thanks for the confirmation.  Hopefully the new Windows update will help.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors