04-20-2014

Eagleville, PA

58 Signins

430 Page Views

• Views: 430
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga 11s battery fluctuation?

2014-05-07, 15:54 PM

Has anyone experienced some weird fluctuation in the battery life of the Yoga 11s? My girlfriend has the Core i5 4210y, and the estimates that Windows 8 gives in the system tray seem pretty up and down. I just set some of her power options to try to save battery life, and left it when Windows was telling me that the computer was getting about 6 hours 45 minutes , with 85% left. A few minutes later, the computer is already down to 82%, with under 6 hours left. A few minutes later, it's saying that there's something like 5 hours 35 minutes left. This is all within the span of about 10 minutes.

Has anyone experienced this with any Yoga computer? Are there any settings I should watch out for that would cause such a fluctuation in battery life?

Edit: Battery estimate seems to be all over the place. It was just at 4:34, and now it's at 4:13. It seemingly went from 75% to 72% in a matter of minutes. She's had her computer on for maybe an hour and a half. She hasn't been taxing the computer or anything - is that really normal for it to have dropped 28 percent in an hour to an hour and a half?

Edit: I should note that this seems to be happening after doing some updates. Could it possibly be a driver or update issue?

We're going to try and do a System Restore to yesterday morning to see if that helps things.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms