Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coneill
Paper Tape
Views: 5,078
Message 1 of 12

Yoga 11s shuts down randomly

Hi, 

I have a brand new yoga 11s which I got about 2 weeks ago. It works perfectly apart from sometimes it will just shut down completely randomly when using it. It will always have plenty of battery when this happens but while it is plugged in charging the problem isn't there. This happens almost ever day and is very frustrating meaning I almost always have to have it plugged in charging. 

Does anybody know what the problem might be? 

coneill
Paper Tape
Views: 4,978
Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 11s shuts down randomly

Is there anybody who can help me with this?

ScottinLA
What's DOS?
Views: 4,902
Message 3 of 12

I have figured out for me it seems to be action related ... when I'm holding the lower right corner of the tablet and move somehow it seems to trigger it.  Figure I'm doing some finger action but no clue what that would/could be.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,894
Message 4 of 12

Could your palm be pressing the power button, when you hold it like a tablet? For me, on my Y2P, the power button is on the lower right corner. If my palm clicks it, the computer turns off. To avoid that I disable rotation lock and rotate the power button to the top of the comp.

coneill
Paper Tape
Views: 4,879
Message 5 of 12

No it's not related to hitting the power button. 

I'd just like to say that lenovo have the worst customer service I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I have sent the laptop away to be fixed twice, with it being away for an entire month in total. I have just gotten the laptop back now and the same problem still happens after an hour of me getting it. This is completely unaccpetable from a new laptop and from their repair service. The only option to get it fixed is still to send it away for another 2 weeks, where they will do nothing and send it back not fixed. Why is there not a store/technician who can fix it in a city like london who can get it back next day like apple/dell. I would never buy another lenovo product based on this level of service. I'm now left with a broken laptop with basically no avenue for getting it fixed from lenovo. 

As well as this the level of information and updates you get while your laptop is being repaired is non-existant. You can either get charged for calling a number and wait in a queue for half an hour or send a email and get a reply 2 days later. All and all it's a joke and would tell anybody not to buy from lenovo. 

If there's any actual lenovo workers on this 'support' forum, then maybe you should say something to fix this, like a proper support function would do. From my point of view I'm owed a new working laptop which is what I thought I was buying. 

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,876
Message 6 of 12

Go to event viewer and look at the errors generated by your system, at the time the computer turned off.

prholley
What's DOS?
Views: 4,841
Message 7 of 12

Sir, my Yoga 11S does the same thing. It was purchased in the summer of 2013 via Best Buy - it went to their repair shop.  They shipped it out.  I had screen shots and a detailed explanation of the event, but they "couldn't find the problem".  In short, they didn't turn it on and let it run for 35 minutes on battery.  So more than one year later I'm still tethered to the power cord as well.  i'm certain we're not the only two with this mechanical failure.

ScottinLA
What's DOS?
Views: 4,822
Message 8 of 12

Oh, I haven't noticed if it's only on battery or on power too. I ended up
changing my power options to do nothing if the powerbutton is pushed both
plugged in and on battery and it hasn't happened again ... yet. I so
seldom truly shut down that I'm fine doing that with the Start button.

I know I'm not brushing the button on the side but it's touching the laptop
body above the power button so I think I'm making contact with something
that triggers the power cycle.

mickeyna_15
What's DOS?
Views: 4,775
Message 9 of 12

A NEW 11s Yoga Keep Shuting Down - Suddenly! 

Never worked more then a few hours.

Shutdown randomly with battery at least half full

random tasks. web browsing, word, etc. no pressure on system.

Re-Installed Windows 8.1 - just office and Chrome installed. Keep happening.

Its happening since day 1.

here's a video proof 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZrO-AthA0w

Highlighted
AndreaZuniga
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,277
Message 10 of 12

hello Ive been trying to figure out the Client Service page for ages, I cant seem to get anywhere, how did you manage to get them to at least try to fix it?

My lenovo has been randomy turning off since day 1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors