Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

04-09-2013

United States

19 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 61 of 130

Re: Yoga 13 Auto Rotate

2013-04-09, 2:26 AM

Do you guys notice that when you rotate it upside down (so that the windows button is on the top) the screen becomes slightly blurry vs the crisp screen when you have it right side up (windows button on the bottom)? I have had 2 yogas and both do this. It is not terribly noticaeable, but it is noticable. Then again, I am really picky when it comes to screen clarity...

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 62 of 130

2013-04-09, 5:02 AM

My auto-rotate fails intermittently as well.

Turning on/off the auto-rotate lock with the button has no effect once auto-rotate has stopped working.

I haven't found anything that helps except a reboot.

Options

2 Posts

04-09-2013

New York

9 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 63 of 130

2013-04-09, 19:20 PM

wrote:

So irritated by the fan noise problem I finally got that sorted and then my screen refuse to autorotate. I found this thread: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/Yoga-13-HID-Sensor-Collection-Auto-rotate-functionality/m-p/997095#M17149 and went to the device manager. Clicked on Sensors and just saw HID Sensor Collection and Lights Sensor in the menu. I disabled HID Sensor Collection and then enabled it again and, as if by magic, Simple Device Orientation Sensor appeared and now autorotate works. If it screws up again I'll let you know, but how the hell did that happen???

And Lenovo your community support leave much to be desired. $1100 on this machine. God knows how many non-techies are struggling with this machine, or just sending them back in droves.

Thank you, I found that disabling the drivers and then enabling it made the rotation work again. To be exact, the rotation button on the side instantly began to work again.

Has anyone else tried doing the same thing? 

Options

4 Posts

12-26-2012

Iowa

5 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 64 of 130

2013-04-19, 2:04 AM

This was posted in December 2012:

The automatic rotation quit working after about one week.  To fix it I selected Settings => PC Info.  From there I selected Device Manager => Sensors => HID Sensor Collection.  It showed the devise status as disabled.  I enabled it and then re-booted the computer.  The auto rotation is now working.  The HID Sensor Collection status now shows as working.  An additional line labeled Simple Device Orientation Sensor is now listed under Sensors, originally it did not show.  It also shows as working.  Auto rotate has been working great ever since.

Another recent post refers to success going into the Device Manager, Sensors, disabling and then enabling the HID Sensor Collection and the sudden appearance of the Simple Device Orientation Sensor in the menu.  This may be the auto rotate solution that most are looking for.

Options

22 Posts

04-15-2013

Sweden

40 Signins

289 Page Views

• Views: 289
  • Message 65 of 130

2013-04-19, 9:32 AM

I noticed that while tweaking my system, I had disabled Sensor Monitoring Service in services.msc.

This has to be turned to Manual or Automatic to make Auto Rotate work.

If you're having problem with Rotate, I suggest setting it to Automatic to have it start during boot. This will probably also prevent it from shutting down randomly.

Now my Auto Rotate works and the Simple Device Orientation Sensor is back in the Device Manager.

The ymc service is not required for the Auto Rotate to function. It's only for parts of the Lenovo Transition as far as I know, which seems to require both services to function properly.

By a quick test yesterday, the ymc service doesn't seem to be needed to turn the keyboard/keypad on/off in different modes, but don't take my word for it yet. Need to do some more tests this evening.

Options

1 Posts

04-30-2013

Australia

12 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 66 of 130

2013-04-30, 3:31 AM

Hey all,

I have recently purchased the yoga 13 and i am having the same issues.

Given that i am in Australia there is no support for this product here and i was wondering if anyone has had any kind of resolution to this issue.

If not, can anyone confirm it to be a hardware or software issue. If it is an issue with hardware i will be returning it to the seller and exchanging for a new machine, however it will quite likely be very expensive to do and i may just end up with another unit with the same issues. If it is confirmed to be a software issue that is likely to be patched or solved with a new release of drivers i will peserver with the issues until lenovo rectify the situation.

Thanks all.

WheelZ

Options

52 Posts

11-14-2012

Seattlish

138 Signins

724 Page Views

• Views: 724
  • Message 67 of 130

2013-04-30, 4:04 AM

wheelz,

As I replied upstream, my first Yoga 13 had this problem and no amount of reinstalling Windows, updating drivers, etc. would cure it. It would rotate fine until the system had been up for an hour or so, and then fail.

I returned that Yoga 13 and got a new one. And this second one has NEVER failed to auto-rotate. Same exact software installation, driver versions, etc. (I restored the backup of my original Yoga.)

That pretty much proves that in my case, alas, it was a hardware issue.

Options

8 Posts

05-17-2013

Laramie

46 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 68 of 130

2013-05-17, 20:22 PM

Didn't want to return my Yoga 13, so I just settled w/ myself in using the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Arrow(s).. Then, what if we've just went to tablet mode? Then we need a gadget for using via touch:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/48617-screen-rotation-windows-8-cp.html

If one don't really want to deal w/ all this shortcuts' stuff, just keep the program running and access it in the task bar, http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/irotate.shtm

Now, just put this thing to start with the windows

Options

43 Posts

03-03-2013

Denmark

155 Signins

860 Page Views

• Views: 860
  • Message 69 of 130

2013-05-18, 5:42 AM

Am a little perplexed about the issue of 'ymc.com', to my knowledge the service only deals with motion control (flapping fingers on cam) and some other future built in control for Win8..am quoting from Gizmodo:
Though Lenovo is guilty of including some bloatware on the Yoga 13, it's not nearly as heavy a load as you'll find on other Windows 8 machines, like the Toshiba U925t. One app, Lenovo Transition, is actually quite useful: it lets you decide which apps will automatically run at full-screen when you enter tablet-mode. There's a bunch of pre-sets and, as you'd expect, they're all programs you can use without a keyboard. These include Windows Media Center, PowerPoint and MS Paint, among others. To be clear, too, you can set different actions for different programs, meaning you could choose to just have Windows Media Player run at full-screen if that's what you wanted.
'

Anyway..The ymc.com driver has been deactivated from day 3 on my Yoga.

AND I STILL ENJOY AUTOMATIC CANCELLING OF KEYBOARD AND PAD WHEN FOLDING AND THE SCREEN WORKS PERFECTLY FOR ANY POSITIONS.

WHY?

Options

2 Posts

05-26-2013

6 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 70 of 130

2013-05-30, 2:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I need help with my yoga ideapad, its autorotate feature simply stopped working, I read some about some other people with the same issue but none described a solution for this. I already checked the locked button but its doing nothing either. Also tried updating the BIOS, same result.

Please help,

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms