Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcl61
Paper Tape
Views: 41,210
Message 1 of 122

Yoga 13 Auto Rotate

Is anyone else out there have problems with Auto Rotate on their Yoga 13? When I change the orientation of the Yoga to tent mode or fold it into tablet mode and hold it in portrait position the screen doesn't change. I've checked the hardware button to make sure that is not the issue. It will rotate once in a while but it is very unpredictable and tends to switch right back to normal rotation.

lifeform
Paper Tape
Views: 40,853
Message 2 of 122

Re: Yoga 13 Auto Rotate

I had issues where it would just stop rotating from whichever orientation it happened to be in, as well as keyboard and touchpad getting stuck off, though not always at the same time, until I wiped the drive and did a clean install, and reinstalled all the drivers from a backup of the drivers folder since the downloadable drivers on this website don't all work. Now I just have to deal with the mouse and keyboard staying on until the screen is almost completely flipped around into tablet mode. Not the easiest way to fix it though as legally finding your windows activation key can be a pain.
dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 40,742
Message 3 of 122

Re: Yoga 13 Auto Rotate

Bumping this back up as I'm having this problem too. Anyone find a solution?

I LOVE this laptop when it works properly. But between the rotation and other occasional glitches (last night the keyboard/touchpad stopped working until I closed/reopened the lid), it's frustrating. Smiley Sad

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 31,991
Message 4 of 122

Yoga 13 Automatic Screen Rotation Not Working Anymore

On my Yoga 13, the automatic screen rotation has stopped responding. (It seemed consistent before, but I hadn't used tablet mode much.) I reinstalled the Intel video drivers, no help. "Simple Device Orientation Sensor" does show up as working in Device Manager.

Anyone else seen this issue? And hopefully found a fix?

I saw an earlier post on this, but the person who had the problem never posted again, and the only response was from someone who solved it by doing a fresh Windows install and then had other problems.

I don't want to do a fresh Windows install as it looks like some of the Lenovo utilities and apps (such as Transition, Companion, Motion Control) aren't available in the drivers folder.

MickeyXM
Paper Tape
Views: 31,981
Message 5 of 122

Re: Yoga 13 Automatic Screen Rotation Not Working Anymore

Hi, Sensor driver is inbox driver for YoGa,please follow below steps to check: 

first please check the status of  rotation lock key on the right side ;

second,the rotation actived when the rotation degree >=270 ;

third, please check if the "lenovo transition" has been installed rightly and "ALS Control procedure" was been insalled whose number id is 36335 at lenovo website.hope to help U,thanks~

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 31,976
Message 6 of 122

Thanks, I do have Lenovo Transition installed.

I downloaded ALS Control, but it extracts to a .exe file that doesn't actually seem to do anything when executed. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by installing it? Thank you.

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 31,964
Message 7 of 122

Okay, the problem is intermittent. When it happens, the screen shifts from the current orientation (it's been landscape shifting to Portrait when it happens) and then it won't respond anymore. So it seems like a driver/service is stopping working.

lifeform
Paper Tape
Views: 31,949
Message 8 of 122

You know, I wonder if the problem is related to Lenovo Transition. I did end up doing a fresh install with the drivers off the D:\ drive folder, but I didn't copy the Applications folder so I couldn't install Transition. I did notice the problem before the reinstall and now I don't, it just doesn't turn off the mouse and keyboard until I flip the screen most of the way to tablet now. So maybe try uninstalling Transition and see If you still have the problem? That would at least let everyone know either that's where the problem is, or rule it out as the cause.
dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 31,947
Message 9 of 122

I would give that a try, but the Transition utility isn't included in the driver folder that Lenovo installs either. Smiley Sad I really wish Lenovo would put all the drivers/utilities up on the web to facilitate fresh installs.

I'm still having the problem -- it hasn't worked for the rest of night despite numerous reboots.
Former Employee
Views: 31,925
Message 10 of 122

Please get below information to me: Device Manager->Sensor->hid sensor collection->double click->Detail->Hardware ID->What's the REV_XXXX?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get BIOS version: Windows key + R --> cmd --> wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors