Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lannylinc
Paper Tape
Views: 4,007
Message 111 of 122

Re: Yoga 13 Auto Rotate

I agree and the whole transformation versatility we paid a premium for becomes pointless.  My screen becomes blurry on anything other than the default mode and I have re-installed all relevent drivers!!!  Come on Lenovo, why are we seeing ZERO solutions for this!

sarnia69
What's DOS?
Views: 3,983
Message 112 of 122

Tried clicking the little button on the side right?

lannylinc
Paper Tape
Views: 3,978
Message 113 of 122

Yes thank you, I've tried that but that switch is there to lock auto rotate.
It doesn't fix the problem of the image being blurry when upside down. Frustrating experience with no help at all from Lenovo!!! And this user had restored windows 8 from 8.1 three times now to fix the problem...
ronmolzan
What's DOS?
Views: 3,951
Message 114 of 122

On the right hand side of your Yoga you will find a little oval button. This is the auto rotate lock button. It only works in modes other than laptop mode. While in tablet mode, press the button. You will see text on the screen confirming the lock or unlock setting. If you set in the unlock setting and still no rotation. Shut down an restart while in the rotate mode. This should correct the problem.

Maybe a software glitch. Hopefully there will be up dates in the future.

artworksmetal
Serial Port
Views: 3,804
Message 115 of 122

So glad I found this thread. I spent 30 minutes trying to control autorotate in settings.

Guess it's time to look at the manual.

Thanks.

"I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde
trunkmonkey8
What's DOS?
Views: 3,323
Message 116 of 122

I read your post and went to the HID Collection sensor tab of the Device Manager and what the hell! Windows had stopped the HIDCS from working saying it was an improper piece of software or something. I attempted to update the driver but it said I have the newest one. I disabled it and then re-enabled it and now it's working. I don't know if we should be mad at Lenovo or Microsoft. Windows 8 sucks or as Steve Jobs would say "It's **bleep**!"

ojejuan
What's DOS?
Views: 3,273
Message 117 of 122

Hello.  The "HID SENSOR COLLECTION" was disabled in my laptop. This is strange since I didn´t touch anything or did any update recently. The rotation button stop working and reading this forum got this help.

In My Case the HID Sensor collection was enabled and the lock button  start working perfectly

thanks

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,267
Message 118 of 122

@trunkmonkey8 wrote:

I read your post and went to the HID Collection sensor tab of the Device Manager and what the hell! Windows had stopped the HIDCS from working saying it was an improper piece of software or something. I attempted to update the driver but it said I have the newest one. I disabled it and then re-enabled it and now it's working. I don't know if we should be mad at Lenovo or Microsoft. Windows 8 sucks or as Steve Jobs would say "It's **bleep**!"

Win+R> regedit> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SystemEventsBroker> Start

If the value is 3, change it to 2.

Oty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,046
Message 119 of 122

If you yoga 13 isn't rotationg properly, then put it in tablet mode(convert it) an press the little button on the right bottom        side of the laptopSmiley HappyP1071283.jpg

Deb1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,857
Message 120 of 122

I fixed the problem (enabled auto-rotate) on my Lenovo Yoga 2 11 by going to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution (or Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Display - Change Display Settings) and checking the box to "Allow the screen to auto-rotate."  I had unchecked it in the past, and when I wanted to enable it again, I forgot where to do that.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors