cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stronggeek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,922
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 13 Bluetooth Issues (Headphone Connection)

Hi.
I've been lurking for a bit and have had most of my questions answered and issues solved by
this fine community. Thank you!

My problem is that I can add my bt headphones (I've tried two different sets) in the "add device"
option, but once I shut the bt device (headphones in my case) off and then turn them back on
again the sound continues to come from the tablet or stereo speakers (which ever I'm using at
the time) and the sound won't switch to the bt headphones automatically. I must manually go the
Sound settings in Control Panel options and select the bt headphone to use them again. As of
right now I've got a shortcut to the Sound options on my desktop. Now this isn't a deal breaker for
me, but there's got to be an easier way! LOLS!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

And for the record I have no wifi issues and I've upgraded to 8 gigs of ram so I'm keeping this!!!

mikey94025
802.11n
Views: 2,918
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth Issues (Headphone Connection)

I haven't tried using a Bluetooth headset with Windows, but check:

1.  Right-click on the sound tray icon, select Playback devices.  Does it show a 2nd bluetooth headset device in addition to Speakers?  If so, left-click on it and try the "Set Default" dropown menu on the bottom to make it the Default device (or some other option that works better).

2.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933144

3.  http://www.computing.net/answers/hardware/making-bluetooth-headset-default-audio-device/87178.html

stronggeek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,915
Message 3 of 4

Just to add on (I don't see edit} I also right clicked the volume icon witch led me right back to the sound option and as before I have bt headphones set as these default.
stronggeek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,913
Message 4 of 4

Thanks mikey94025. I was posting what I had tried while you were posting a potential solution. It's defintely took me a lot longer! Both haeadpones show up, but I get the same results.

This may not got fixed, but I'm still open to suggestions.

Thanks Again.

PS At  least I found out how to edit on here now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors