Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenironside
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,165
Message 1 of 22

Yoga 13 Bluetooth mouse problem

I am using a Microsoft Bluetooth Sculpt mouse with a Yoga 13 and every couple of minutes the mouse pointer starts to wander and does not follow the mouse movements. This corrects itself after 30-50 seconds but then this recurs every few minutes. I have reinstalled the 23 October 2012 Wireless LAN and Bluetooth drivers and the Microsoft mouse control software but the problem persists.

I don't have any other mouse drivers installed (except the standard Yoga trackpad). I have checked that there are no other Bluetooth devices active on the Yoga or even anywhere around. 

Is there anything I can do to find out what is causing this problem?

Thanks, Ken

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,113
Message 2 of 22

Re: Yoga 13 Bluetooth mouse problem

hi ken,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try the following::

1. Press F6 to permanently disable the built-in Touchpad and try to use the mouse

2. If the problem happens when the AC adapter is plugged-in, try to unplug the charger and use the battery as a power source and test the bluetooth mouse (vice versa)

If the problem persist,

3. Uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from the Control Panel > Programs and reboot. When the unit boots back into Windows 9, it will use the generic blueooth drivers. Try to pair the Bluetooth mouse and check if the issue still happens.

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

kenironside
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,105
Message 3 of 22

Hi (Neo?),

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the first two of your suggestions. After I disabled the trackpad with F6 it seemed to be stable for about 10 minutes but then the wandering returned and then became repetitive.

I then disconnected the a/c adaptor but the wandering mouse continued, so I conclude that while the trackpad may have someting to do with the problem, it is not the root cause.

I am not sure how to go about your third suggestion. On the Yoga, it appears that the Bluetoothy driver is combined with the Wireless Lan driver 'Realtek Wireless LAN and Bluetooth Driver'. Should I uninstall both? I won't be able to access the WLAN if I do that?

Please help me understand how to proceed.

I am very grateful to you for your help.

Regards, Ken 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,097
Message 4 of 22

hi Ken,

Can you try this approach:

1. Press Windows Key+R > type devmgmt.msc

2. On the device manager, go to Bluetooth > uninstall RTL8732A 4.0 + High Speed Chip > delete driver software. Once deleted, the driver should now look like this:

BT.png

3. Try to pair the bluetooth mouse and test.

To re-install the bluetoth driver that you just deleted, run the setup application under D:\drivers\WLAN\set.exe

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

kenironside
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,073
Message 5 of 22

Hi,

I have done what you suggested and the mouse has been operating correctly for about an hour. One thing I noticed is that when I rebooted Windows 8, the Realtek Bluetooth driver was reinstalled but the mouse is using the Microsoft drivers, or so it seems.

I'm going to test this out for a day or so and then get back to you.

Thanks, Ken

kenironside
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,039
Message 6 of 22

Hi, I have been using the workaround (generic Bluetooth drivers) you suggested over the weekend and my mouse has been stable. Thanks for the suggestion.

One question: the next time there is a Yoga LAN & Bluetooth driver update will I have to do this all over again or will the mouse continue to use the generic Bluetooth driver?

Regards, Ken

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,024
Message 7 of 22

hi ken,

Good to know it works. The mouse will continue to use the generic Bluetooth driver as long as you don't download and install the new Wireless & Bluetooth driver combo.

Cheers,

neokenchi

celestina3760
Punch Card
Views: 7,863
Message 8 of 22

I just commented on this in another thread, but I've also been having the same problem with my bluetooth mouse and the generic drivers did not fix the problem.  Any other suggestions, neokenchi?

SpideyMan
Punch Card
Views: 7,640
Message 9 of 22

The Realtek driver in the link below appears to be the latest RTL8732A bluetooth driver released by Lenovo. While the driver says it's for the RTL8732AE it also works with the RTL8732A on the Lenovo Yoga and includes version 1.3.744.3 of the bluetooth driver. There are numerious fixes included in the driver including more efficient memory management. You may want to give it a try and see if it corrects the bluetooth issue you are seeing. I've downloaded and installed it on my Lenovo Yoga 13.

I'm using a Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth mouse....and the intermittent mouse lag has improved greatly. Also, if you haven't done so you might want to disable power management on the bluetooth radio by opening up devmgmt.msc and selecting the properties of "Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed Chip" device and uncheck the option under Power Management to "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Realtek RTL8723AE Bluetooth Software for Windows 8 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad X230s

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS034706

VFC
Punch Card
Views: 7,603
Message 10 of 22

I installed the new driver.  Unfortunately it did not fix my problem where my Creative Labs D100 BT speakers cause my BT MS 5000 mouse to lag up to a 1/2 second. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors