Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SephirothWGP
What's DOS?
Views: 3,572
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 13 Charger port

I purchased a refurbished Yoga 13 from the Lenovo outlet in January. The charging port broke shortly after, but it still charged just fine. The center post in the charging port separated from rest of the port. It still works fine to this day, but it won't last forever and I want to get it fixed before my warranty is up. That side of the laptop is separated a little, like  screw isn't attached properly or something and I feel this is most likely the reason it was damaged. Will this be covered under my warranty, and if it is not where do I find a replacement part so I can repair it myself? Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,538
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 13 Charger port

hi SephirothWGP,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Physical damages are not usually covered under the warranty (i.e. cracked screen, bent pins, etc.) but in your case, if you think that there's something internal that caused the charging port issue then I recommend you contact lenovo to report the issue (they'll probably ask you to send the unit in for service and have a technician take a look at it to see if it's covered or not).

In the event that it's not covered, you can fix the charing port by replacing the following part:

145500046 - CABLE DC-IN_JACK_MOCHA2_ASSY

You can get spare parts via the lenovo spare parts website - http://www.lenovospareparts.com (if a part is out of stock, click Help on the upper right corner and fillout the contact form for an ETA). Doing a google search should give you third party websites that also sells the same part - like this one.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

eric884
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,306
Message 3 of 4

is the yoga 13 charger port same for the yoga 2 13?

ableman42
Paper Tape
Views: 772
Message 4 of 4

My yoga 3 charging port is loose.  The port is noticibly loose when inserted.  Charging only happens when the plug is pushed and held in.

Repairable? How?

Sean

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors