Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnrjukon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,315
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 13 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hello,  I was hoping someone might be able to give me some assistance.  I have not long had my yoga 13, but ever since I got it, and on a pretty regular basis I have been experiencing the blue screen of death, followed by a suggestion that it was caused by DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.  This seems to happen after resuming from 'sleep; As per other tech support/advice sites I have ran a memory check and attempted to update all drivers - I have done as much as I can in this regard, except that there are 2 drivers on the lenovo site that  fail every time.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,293
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 13 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

hi jnrjkon,

here's the some suggestions for the issue you have faced from microsoft:

-download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from windows update.
-scan your computer for computer viruses.
-check your hard disk for errors.

can you please windows/minidmp folder and check if there's any file? if there's, please, upload it and so i can just take a look at the "source" of the issue.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
jnrjukon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,255
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the input, where would I find that folder/file?  Also, I have just been through the updates and ran the partition structure hotfix and it was halted part way through and now I still have partitions not re-ordered but I can't run it again as it has been restructured and I can't run the recovery partition as it has been moved.  Can I get a recovery disc?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,240
Message 4 of 5

please, check c:/windows/minidmp. try to restart your computer to run the fix again. about the discs, it would be an issue to read the disks due to yoga 13 doesn't haven any dvd rom.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
plusasst
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 5 of 5

In Windows 10 build 1511 with a clean install, a new Crucial ssd for which I updated the driver, I've had 3 DPC_Watchdog_Violations, all after closing the lid (with a wireless mouse) and reopening it without the mouse... I've attached the latest minidump.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors