Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanvw
What's DOS?
Views: 8,133
Message 1 of 11

Yoga 13 Display turns Off when power applied

Having an odd problem with a 2-week old Yoga 13 from BestBuy: here is the issue:

When the power is plugged into the machine the display turns off (black screen). the device is still turned on and running. If you then unplug the power adapter the display will turn back on.

I called Lenovo tech support but that was a total waste of time - they did a screen sharing session and started looking at the display settings then gave up and told me to return it to best buy.

thanks if anyone has other ideas on what's going on with the device

launikita
What's DOS?
Views: 8,037
Message 2 of 11

Re: Yoga 13 Display turns Off when power applied

Hi there, I am having the same problem. Did you figure out what was going on and how to fix the problem?? Please do let me  know. Thank you.

lenovoyogauser
Token Ring
Views: 8,031
Message 3 of 11

Just a complete guess but what if you go to Control Panel and then to Power Options and check your brightness settings. Maybe you have set it to zero brightness when plugged in? Again, this is just a complete guess.

mikey94025
802.11n
Views: 8,013
Message 4 of 11

Good idea about the display brightness settings -- Search for Power, select Settings, click on Power Options.  Check screen brightness for the selected plan.  Then click on Change Plan Settings for the selected plan, then Change Advanced Power Settings, open Display and check all the options like Dim Display After while Plugged In.

row_01
What's DOS?
Views: 7,958
Message 5 of 11

I had a similar issue on my 2 week old yoga 13. Plugging in the computer, and I can barely see the screen. Unplug and it's bright. I just went to the control panel and searched for power and found a brightness setting for plugged in power was 50%, by default. Not sure why Lenovo defaults power setting to 50%, but this was easily fixed by changing the setting to 100%.

szy
Punch Card
Views: 7,937
Message 6 of 11

In Tray you have Lenovo Energy Menagement. In Intelligent Energy Saving tab you have screen light. Also in control panel you have screen brightness (as mentioned in post above). Both things are responsible for brightness.

belleku
What's DOS?
Views: 7,836
Message 7 of 11

I found that if I use the balanced option the screen turns off, but when it is set to the power save option, you can use the computer while plugged in.

limekiwi
Punch Card
Views: 7,812
Message 8 of 11

Swap back to balanced option and plug it in

Press the F12 key (should be mapped to brighness up by default)

The screen should come back to life

Keago
Paper Tape
Views: 7,003
Message 9 of 11

In Explorer go to: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings

Click on the hyperlink to change plans for the setting that will allow you to adjust the brightness when the computer is both plugged in and when it is not.   I had the same problem and am not sure how the settings were changed as I have been using the computer for months.

I hope that helps! 

piston24
What's DOS?
Views: 4,885
Message 10 of 11

This was exactly the problem. Thanks. I adjusted and it worked. Saved me a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors