9 Posts

11-04-2012

9 Signins

181 Page Views

• Views: 181
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga 13 Est. Ship Date Way More Than 4 Weeks

2012-11-04, 22:35 PM

So today I ordered the Yoga 13 and on the sales page it says "more than 4 weeks" and that the date could change.  After I ordered it, it says the estimated ship date is January 4, 2013 on my status.  That's actually more than 8 weeks.  What's up with that?  Anybody on here gotten their Yoga 13 way before the estimated ship date or know anything about these estimates and how accurate they are? I really hope I don't have to wait until next year to get this. 

Options

9 Posts

11-04-2012

9 Signins

181 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 13 Est. Ship Date Way More Than 4 Weeks

2012-11-05, 1:52 AM

I think I'm just gonna cancel my order.  Think I'll just get a Thinkpad Twist or some other Windows 8 Ultrabook/Tablet Convertible.  I can't wait until next year to get my computer.  I think they pretty much didn't prepare for this launch and made very little product.  And now it's taking so long because they actually have to make them now to give to consumers.  There's no way a product should take 8 weeks from order to get it for a product that's already released.  Very disappointing.  They only give us 2 choices.  Best Buy or their website.   And Best Buy's Yoga already sold out and you can't find them anywhere.  I understand that the Yoga is in high demand but that's no excuse for this.  At least with companies that have products that are in high demand I can actually get their product when it comes out.  And if I have to wait, it's not 8 weeks.  Great product, extremely poor execution on letting customers actually BUY ONE and GET ONE. 

Options

9 Posts

11-04-2012

9 Signins

181 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2012-11-05, 2:46 AM
I talked to someone on Lenovo Support on chat and they said it's taking so long because of "component unavailibility". I couldn't cancel until tomorrow though because the Post Sales Department is closed right now.
Options

4194 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38523 Signins

577286 Page Views

• Views: 577286
  • Message 4 of 7

2012-11-05, 0:14 AM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

1 Posts

11-27-2012

USA

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 5 of 7

2012-11-27, 21:03 PM

Hi Jay,

From my understanding I believe that Lenovo is Shifting an entire line of computer manufacturing to US. I remember it was somewhere in an interview with a Lenovo representative that they had already set up a location somewhere in one of the states and have already started hiring*.  So this may be one of the reasons why there is such a delay. I would like a Yoga as well but the shipping is rediculous as you have also noted. So I have a similar issue.

Options

33 Posts

11-27-2012

USA

61 Signins

329 Page Views

• Views: 329
  • Message 6 of 7

2012-11-27, 22:45 PM

Absolutely positively you WILL be shipped a unit and WILL be charged no matter what they tell you regarding cancelation.

I got confirmed email confirmation of cancelation within 1 hr of my order and they still shipped it over a month later and charged me AFTER it arrived. And they kept sending me delay notices of shipment. They sent me warranty registration packages and some free extra items that were supposed to ship with it.

This has happened twice !!

Once you gave them your credit card, your money is their control, no matter what and you have to fight to get it back and you have to wait until it arrives and you are charged before you can do anything.

You will get it back. Eventually.

This is their nasty practices. You can't even fight it with credit card company because they have not charged you yet. You can't block it. Even when I refused the package and tried to do it through the credit card company they won't do anything unless you show effort you tried to do with Lenovo and they have 2 weeks to act.

It should be illegal, but they are in China and can do what ever they want.

I considered canceling credit card and getting a new one issued. But I'm not sure if that would even work because it could be preapproved and not show on your account.

Options

5629 Posts

06-27-2008

US

28497 Signins

1628167 Page Views

• Views: 1628167
  • Message 7 of 7

2013-01-11, 21:52 PM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete