Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tBronX33
Paper Tape
Views: 27,127
Message 1 of 20

Yoga 13: HID Sensor Collection : Auto-rotate functionality

Hi Guys,

I bought the Yoga 13 with Windows 8 but the non pro version.  I wanted the pro version on so I can connect to a domain so I did a clean install - where I deleted the partition with the old OS.

Everything went great and all drivers that were are on the other partition that I left alone installed fine.

Here is the problem:  I noticed that the auto-rotate functionality no longer works.  After doing some research I found that the HID Sensor Collection is what controls this.  If I look at the device manager I can see that their is a exclamation point next to the HID Sensor Collection Driver along with the Light Sensor driver.

They both give me the error: 

This device cannot start (Code 10). 

The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver - this didn't help.

I've tried searching for this driver online - no luck.

I tried using the "update driver software" and it says:  Windows has determined that your driver software for this device is up to date.

Any ideas how I can get the HID Sensor Collection working?

Thanks for your help!

grisjuan
Token Ring
Views: 27,060
Message 2 of 20

Re: Yoga 13: HID Sensor Collection : Auto-rotate functionality

Sorry, I don't have a solution. But I think I followed the same steps you did and my sensors do work - they are a little flaky (i.e. the compass sometimes tells me south is north) but that's not the same thing as your issue ;-)

I deleted the original OS partition but left the LENOVO partition in place. I made 2 new partitions, installed Win8 on one, put my data on the other. Then I ran each one of the driver installers in the LENOVO partition. Device Manager does not show me any problems.

The HID Sensor Collection driver says:

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 4/21/2009
Driver Version: 6.2.9200.16433
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

The two files listed are in System32/Drivers:

UMDF/SensorsHIDClassDriver.dll
WUDFRd.sys
tBronX33
Paper Tape
Views: 27,047
Message 3 of 20

My version is different than yours:  6.2.9200.16384

I have the two files you mentioned in place.

Any idea where I can get the driver version you are on?  The updates don't pick up that I need a new driver and I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Thanks for lead.

grisjuan
Token Ring
Views: 27,023
Message 4 of 20

Sorry, I don't know beyond the obvious thing of run Windows Update. I really don't think I did anything special/extra to get the version that I have.
tBronX33
Paper Tape
Views: 27,008
Message 5 of 20

I got my build up to where you are at but still no luck.  I get the same error when I look at the driver and If I look at the event viewer I see the following error message:

The device HID Sensor Collection (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash.  Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times in its own process.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

grisjuan
Token Ring
Views: 27,005
Message 6 of 20

Bummer, I'm out of ideas, sorry.
Lyra107
What's DOS?
Views: 26,789
Message 7 of 20

Hi, I thought I had the rotation problem on my Yoga 13. However on reading various posts and for the first time look at the user guide the problem was solved via the little button on the right of the keyboard. In laptop mode it is disabled. Put the Yoga in tent mode and then press the little button and the rotation kicked in straight away.

Well worth a try before you change drives or disable services.

Good luck

EwanRGR
Blue Screen Again
Views: 26,656
Message 8 of 20

I also have 6.2.9200.16384. Running Windows update it claims that this is the latest version available - which obviously is not true given that there is a higher number listed here. Anyone who has a lead on where to find the newer version?

wiab
Paper Tape
Views: 26,239
Message 9 of 20

I had excatly the same problem after Windows 8 Pro N 64bit install, the device manager showed HID Sensor Collection and Light Sensor with exclamation points.

I found out that this might have something to do with Windows User Mode Driver Framework, Windows Media Player contains and utilises it. As Windows 8 Pro N didn't contain Media player, I downloaded it as Media Feature Pack from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30685. After the install HID Sensor Collection and Light Sensor were fine. Also Simple Device Orientation Sensor appeared.

progwork1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 26,116
Message 10 of 20

I've just set to "show hidden devices" and then 2 additional 'devices' have appeared:
- a second HID Sensor Collection,
- Simple Device Orientation Sensor,
but both not connected to the computer, so.... any thoughts?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors