Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaschmibu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,312
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 13 - Headset jack with splitter adapter doesn't recognize microphone

Hi,

I'm trying to use my LifeChat LX 2000 headset with the Yoga 13's combi jack. The LX2000 has separate plugs for mic and headphone. I bought a standard adapter to convert this into the required combi jack, but only the headphones work. The mic is not recognized. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the conexant driver and replaced the adapter with a new one. No change. 

The headset works on other computers with split jacks. 

Any thoughts?

I know that there is the option of USB headsets, but since I already own the LX2000 and would prefer to not block another precious USB slot, I'd prefer using the available combi jack - as that's what the jack should be there for...

Thanks,

Jan

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,286
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 13 - Headset jack with splitter adapter doesn't recognize microphone

have you tried to change default input/output device settings?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
jaschmibu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,280
Message 3 of 7

Of course checked that. There is no choices of devices. Only one device is available (conexant) wether I have the headset plugged in or not.

jaschmibu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,257
Message 4 of 7

Just checked this with another headset with integrated combination plug and this one works. So I assume this is not a Yoga issue.

Still, does anyone got their headset to work using a standard splitter adapter for the combi jack?

Thanks

XMB
Punch Card
Views: 2,240
Message 5 of 7

There are two methods of wiring the 4 pole connector, one has the mic on the sleeve and the other with the mic on the ring nearest the sleeve. Apple use the sleeve for the mic whereas many PC use the inner ring. The adapter you have purchased may not be wired the way needed to allow your headset , with separate connectors for mic and speakers, to work correctly.
XMB
Punch Card
Views: 2,221
Message 6 of 7

I can confirm the connector on the Yoga 13 is wired to the Apple standard as I can use my iPhone headset.

jaschmibu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,204
Message 7 of 7

Thanks, XMB. This is very helpful information. Can't believe that even such a little item as a headset jack with three contacts has an universal industry standard...

I'll see if I can find an adapter that's wired for Apple standards, although it surprises me that Lenovo would choose the Apple method if most other PC's use another standard.

So can you confirm that the wiring diagram in below link is correct for the Apple vs Nokia wiring?

http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/showthread.php/5393-S2-stock-headset-in-iphone-standard

Is there any documentation in the Yoga technical specs that allows to identify which wiring is used in the machine? I know you mentioned it uses the Apple standard, but it would be nice to know that this is mentioned in some documentation officially.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors