Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rashkavar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 188
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 13 (IdeaPad) - dead F12 and PrintScreen keys

I was doing some tech support for my mom regarding screen captures and discovered the print screen key (and eventually the F12 key as well) is not working, on an otherwise fully functional keyboard.  The laptop in question is a Yoga13 running Windows 8.1 (Yes, it survived the forced Windows 10 update era)

It will be needed tomorrow, so I didn't want to do anything drastic just yet; I've rebooted the computer and cleaned the keyboard as much as possible (those chiclet style keys don't pop off the way old style keys did, so cleaning under them is problematic).  No effect.

I've found workarounds for all of the features assigned to these keys - the onscreen keyboard handles the normal F12 and PrintScreen functions, and Power Options allows for brightness adjustments independent of the F12's special function (which is good, because I cranked the brightness way down testing the keyboard - F11 works just fine), but we'd rather not have to deal with these solutions long term.

We had the keyboard replaced at a reputable computer repair shop a while back - I'll be getting in touch with the proprietor there tomorrow, and I've already made a post on TechSupportForum.  I'll keep you posted on what I try based on their advice.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors