Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 235
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 13 Main System Board

Hello all,

Excuse me while I vent for a while here, before asking my questions. Warning - vent starting below:

So, my ststem refused to start one day a few months ago.  I think I was waking it up from being in sleep mode.  Note that my system was out of warranty at this point.  So I searched around the internet, but did not find too many solutinos that did not involve opening the bottom cover of the machine.  So, eventually I chatted with Lenovo tech support who mentioned that it sounded like a dead system board.  So, fast forward a few months, my machine has been running fine while it is on, but if I turn it off or put it in sleep or hibernation mode, it will not come back on for several hours.  As of today, it has been off for about three days, so I asume that the board is finally dead.  I did some searching around with new search terms and it looks like this is a very common problem fairly early in the life of the system.  I tried to find out if Lenovo did a recall on this, but could not find any information, so I went to Lenovo's site to find the part number for my system board to see if the cost of it would be worth the repair.  However, the site does not accept my laptop's serial number for some reason.  So, I did a chat with the parts & accessories sales department.  They were able to tell me that they do not have the part in stock, but do not have the part number to give me (what???).  They referred me to a parts phone number.  I called that number this afternoon, but they could only help me if I knew the part number already (what???), so they referred me to tech support.  Unfortunately, that tech support number could not serve Ideapad systems, so they referred me to the correct one.  After trying and donfirming that I was correct in noting that the website rejects the serial number, tech support informed me that they had a listing for almost every part for the system , except the main board (what???).  So I was then referred to a parts number whose office was closed by the time I had been through all of these steps.

Okay, now that my venting session is over, I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if Lenovo recalled this system or the main board in it?  I know that this is a very optomistic question, but I have never had a laptop that only lasted for two years and really cannot afford to buy a new one at the moment.

2. Does anyone know the part number for the main system board for the i7 version of the IdeaPad Yoga 13?

Please excuse my rant and thank you in advance for any information.

JC1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 199
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 13 Main System Board

Okay, so I've now spoken to 3 more people (Encompass for Lenovo Parts, Lenovo Post Sales, and Lenovo (IBM's) parts department) and still no luck.  Does anyone else have any info on this part?

Just to be a bit more clear: I am looking for the part number of the motherboard for the Lenovo Yoga 13 that currently carries a Core i7 cpu and 4gb of RAM.

Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 196
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

This is way above my "pay" grade but it looks like the MB parts numbers are in the HMM.  May take some searching to translate these numbers to the specs you're looking for.  Hopefully this is a start.

Hardware Maintenance Manual - IdeaPad Yoga 13

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JC1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 191
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for getting me started! I still don't have the answer, but I think this has shed light on why no one seems to know the part number. The manual only lists the part number for the board that goes with the i7 3517U model. I am pretty sure that mine has the i7 3537U cpu. I don't know enough about this to talk intelligently about it, but does that make a difference?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors