cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,378

Question

Prior to today, I never had an issue with the Yoga 13. However, I changed the Power Savings mode prior to my class to go from Balanced to Power Save and changed the battery life from Life to Longevity. Since then, no matter what I am doing, my mouse pointer constantly appears as if it is trying to run something (with a little blue loading circle). This occurs approximately every three seconds. However, after looking at the Task Manager, I can't depict anything that would cause this to occur.

I have restarted the machine thinking that that might have resolve the issue (as does most cases with Windows), but the issue re-occurs. So I thought, alright, I will set the power settings back to what they were before I changed them. Unfortunately, that didn't resolve the situation either. The mouse cursor still randomly appears with the loading screen.

While I am sure it isn't going to harm anything, it is incredibly annoying to see every few seconds. 

Answer

A workaround suggested by a Yoga 13 user (Forum ID: lmader) could address the above issue, which involved disabling the RunSwUSB service.

To do so, 

1. Hold down the ‘Windows key’ and hit the ‘X’ key to bring up the Power menu.
  2. Choose ‘Computer Management”.
  3. Expand the “Services and Applications” item in the left pane, or you can double click it in the center pane.
  4. Click the “Services” item. This will open the list of services in the right pane.
  5. Double click on the RunSWUSB service in the list of services.
  6. Under “Service status” click ‘Stop’ to stop the service
  7. Change the “Startup Type” to either ‘Disabled’ or ‘Manual’, doesn’t matter which.

Was this information helpful?