cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spocuole
What's DOS?
Views: 20,012
Message 1 of 21

Yoga 13 Network Adaptor has disappeared...???

Hi all,

I've had my Yoga 13 for about two months (and have loved it), until this morning, when the network adapter disappeared. I was working upstairs, shut the laptop, brought it downstairs, opened it and was greeted with no wireless networks. Troubleshooting informed me that this was because Windows cannot detect a properly installed network adapter. This is on Windows 8.1.

I have tried:

1) Checking airplane mode etc

2) Looking in Device Manager to see whether the network adapter is still there (it isn't)

3) System Restore (no effect)

4) Installing the latest driver off the lenovo website (no effect)

Completely stumped by this other than guessing the network card is broken - which I'm not too happy about after only two months. Other laptop in the house is working absolutely fine on the network.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

renzdrummer
Paper Tape
Views: 19,908
Message 2 of 21

Re: Yoga 13 Network Adaptor has disappeared...???

I'm having the exact same issue. Bought a Refurbished Yoga 13 for someone for Christmas. Installed all the windows updates and then upgraded to Windows 8.1. Everything was working fine until I put the laptop to sleep. When I woke it up, the wireless device was gone (doesn't show up in device manager). Restoring to a previous time in the day did not fix the issue, but "refreshing" the PC through settings did fix the issue. I then reinstalled all the windows updates and re-upgraded to 8.1. Everything was fine even after rebooting several times. It wasn't until I put the laptop into sleep that the the issue came back. I tried reinstalling the wireless driver to no avail.

Guru
Views: 19,897
Message 3 of 21

Have you both tried a complete factory reset using the OKR button? Also try updating to the latest drivers.

My Yoga 13 doesn't have this issue. But reading renzdrummer's post makes me think it's a software issue or a specific driver.

Do a factory reset and stay on Windows 8 for a week or so. Then if everything is still fine update to Windows 8.1 and make sure to update all drivers to the ones from support.lenovo.com

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

renzdrummer
Paper Tape
Views: 19,888
Message 4 of 21

Ok, I tried doing a factory restore using the button and the problem still exists. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem. I'm going to send it to Lenovo for service.

Spocuole
What's DOS?
Views: 19,882
Message 5 of 21

I did a full reinstall of Windows, but to no avail - the network adapter still wasn't there. Eventually managed to work out that it showed up in Device Manager if I selected show hidden devices, but it then came up with a Code 45 error (this hardware is not connected). So it's gone back to the shop for a repair "which may take up to 28 days" - really not very impressed after less than two months. 

saj01c
Paper Tape
Views: 19,876
Message 6 of 21

I have had my Yoga 2 Pro for 2 days and after using it for 30 minutes the wifi adapter disappeared.

I was with tech support for 3 hours trying to resolve the problem. 

Reset windows, tried to update driver. I found the adapter hidden like the previous post with a Code 45 error (this hardware is not connected)

Tech support finally gave up and decided to send me a new laptop. It is sad that so many people are

having this many problems with a laptop at this price range.

Now to play the waiting game.

mahkw
What's DOS?
Views: 19,769
Message 7 of 21

I solve the Network Adpater disapper problem by disable the Intel Smart Connect Technology.  Now my wifi has no more issue.  I suspect may be the Smart Connect Technology that wake up the Yoga 2 Pro in sleep mode to download mails, etc. corrupted or cause overheating issue, and self disconnect the adapter.

14ards
Paper Tape
Views: 18,539
Message 8 of 21

experience the same problem i remove the smart connect but it only work for 1 day then it dissappear again. so frustrating! could it be a malware?
BreakStrip
Paper Tape
Views: 17,345
Message 9 of 21

SOLUTION:
go to Device Manager
At View select Show Hidden Items. The Intel Wireless should appeaer in the list
Click on Intel Wireless and first "forbid" its operation and then "approve" it.

The above will bring back your wifi.

Thanks to my system manager who showed me the solution. I had to use it few times already.
cbetman
Paper Tape
Views: 16,635
Message 10 of 21

I'm experiencing this exact problem on 2 different Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 notebooks. I've been in contact with Lenovo support, but all they can come up with is resetting the notebooks using the OKR-button. I've read in several forums that that didn't fix the problem, so I'm not planning to reset the machine; it will cost me a lot of time installing all software again.

Anyone experiencing this problem and tried de-installing other software / drives that might confict with or influence the standard adaptor drivers Lenovo has installed?

We, for example, are using a kensington sd3000v docking station for connection a display and networkcable. Perhaps its driver may have anything to do with this problem. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors