01-14-2013

California, USA

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13 Screen to Shell Gap

2013-01-14, 20:16 PM

I picked up a i5, 4gb, 128 silver gray Yoga 13 from Best Buy this weekend and am in love with it. However, when you look down at the screen from above at a rather steep angle I see a tiny crack of light. I believe the screen is not completely flush with the screen shell and the tiny crack of light is light shining through a small gap.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's invisible most of the time and only slightly annoying when I can see it, but now I know that small imperfection is there. This is the only issue I have encountered so far and am wondering if it is worth exchanging the laptop over. I hear Best Buy is pretty good about that sort of thing. Does anyone have any experience with returns/exchanges at Best Buy?

Thoughts?

Options

105 Posts

01-10-2013

Raleigh, NC

62 Signins

1603 Page Views

• Views: 1603
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 Screen to Shell Gap

2013-01-14, 21:57 PM

Hello YogaTom,

I know that Best Buy is very good about exchanges for hardware. As for computers, there is an exchange policy, however it is 14 days I believe. I recommend contacting them to be sure. You could also contact Lenovo support to replace that part if neccessary. I would try Best Buy first as a quicker method. Hope that helps.

A+ Certified
Options

4 Posts

01-14-2013

California, USA

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 Screen to Shell Gap

2013-01-15, 5:21 AM

Thanks for responding! I am glad to hear Best Buy has such return policies and that I am easily within the 14 day window.

So today I noticed the light flicker only occurs after sutained use which may or may not shoot my previous theory in the foot. Is there something going on that I am missing? Right now I am leaning towards just returning it for an identical system and hoping it doesn't have this problem.

Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks in advance.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete