Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

06-24-2013

usa

6 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 13 Too hot?

2013-06-24, 5:45 AM

Hey guys, I bought a refurbished Yoga 13 in March, and just this past month the laptop has been feeling really hot, like sometimes when I'm wearing shorts, I can't even bare to set the computer on my lap since it will just burn my skin really bad. I just downloaded a temperature reading program, and on another thread it said if the temps were over 40F there would be a problem, I'm attaching a screenshot since I don't know what to look forscreen.png

thanks!

Options

7187 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29286 Signins

1678198 Page Views

• Views: 1678198
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 13 Too hot?

2013-06-24, 5:55 AM

Good day and welcome to the community.

What kinds of things are you doing when you see these temps? Gaming? Watching videos? If so, I'm not totally surprised. If you're only web-browsing and reading email and seeing 70C, you might want to explore further.

For reference, thermal protection speed throttling or, in worst-case, shutdown, generally occurs above 90-95C with a thermal limit on the CPU of 100C. So, you do have some leeway at 70C.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms