Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-11-2012

Wisconsin, US

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 13

Yoga 13 Touchpad periodically unresponsive

2012-12-11, 16:20 PM

Hi!  I just purchased a Yoga 13 the other day.  It's really cool, but there is this thing that really bugs me:  Every once in a while, the touchpad will render itself unresponsive for about half a second.  When the touchpad will become unresponsive is predictable:  I just need to move my finger up and down the trackpad and every 5 seconds or so, the touchpad will be unresponsive for about half a second.  This is annoying because it doesn't require 5 seconds of full use to become unresponsive, but it might be unresponsive when i first try to move the cursor requiring me to use the touchpad for a second time to move the cursor as desired.

Has anyone experienced this?  Are some steps I can follow to troubleshoot this?  Could it be fault hardware and should I return it for a new one?

Thanks!

Options

1 Posts

12-11-2012

Florida

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Yoga 13 Touchpad periodically unresponsive

2012-12-11, 22:16 PM

Same thing is happening to me, really freaking annoying. I downloaded the new driver for it as well but it still does that same thing. someone please help!

Options

109 Posts

10-31-2012

San Francisco

1084 Signins

8311 Page Views

• Views: 8311
  • Message 3 of 13

2012-12-12, 1:29 AM
Try the solutions discussed in this existing thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/Yoga-Touch-Screen-Response-Fix/m-p/921359#U921359

There are some suggestions on how to adjust USB device power options. Or try reinstalling the touchpad drivers as discussed in:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/Ideapad-Yoga-13-Synaptics-touchpad-app-keeps-crashing/m-p/908875#U908875
Options

7 Posts

12-29-2012

United States

20 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 4 of 13

2012-12-29, 0:59 AM

I have a similar problem; with the newest Synaptic drivers, when palmcheck is turned on, the mouse is disabled during typing, which I find infuriating. I rolled back the drivers to 16.2.15.0; which does not turn off the touchpad during typing. But this driver leads to certain problems with the touchscreen (including the inability to keep the on screen keyboard up for more than a second). 

We should at least be given the option of whether we want to turn off the touchpad during typing. If we can't get a driver update that fixes this, I'm returning the machine. 

Options

36 Posts

01-11-2013

Hallifax Canada

59 Signins

499 Page Views

• Views: 499
  • Message 5 of 13

Re: Yoga 13 Touched periodically unresponsive

2013-01-16, 19:53 PM

Sometimes it seems not to be able to scroll with two fingers, but other times it is fine. I know some apps vary in this, but sometimes the same programme experiences the problem and then later it works. Is there a more recent driver than late November and does this fix matters?

Options

2 Posts

01-17-2013

USA

2 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 6 of 13

2013-01-17, 3:27 AM

I received my first Yoga 13 the first week of January. After spending several hours to set up network, printer, load various applications, etc, the touch pad began to respond erratically; jerky movements, cursor disappears, right and left click stopped working. On the phone with tech support, uninstalled and reinstalled touch pad driver; didn't help. Did one touch recovery (erased everything I had loaded. Diagnosis from Lenovo; a bad touch pad. So, I sent it back and got a new unit about 2 weeks later. Same thing! I'm about to return this one too.

What are the odds that 2 brand new idea pads have the same defect. I think they have a problem they are not sharing with us!

Dale

Options

4 Posts

01-20-2013

Canada

13 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 7 of 13

2013-01-20, 5:50 AM

I just got my Yoga Yesterday, Jan 8th, I love it so much about it but it is buggy.  I have had the on screen keyboard pop up problem, the no rotating screen problem, but the one that could be a deal breaker and see me return it is the touch pad.  It is HORRIBLE.  I mean come on, how long have we been using touch pads?  This thing is the worst I have ever used, I sure hope there is a fix for it ASAP or it will have to go back.  Mine is barely usable and I don't want any of the fancy swiping stuff, I just want to be able to point at stuff, it jerks around, doesn't respond, it's just BAD.

COME ON LENOVO GET THIS THING FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 8 of 13

2013-01-21, 1:29 AM

My touchpad issues are slightly different.

Periodically, button clicks won't register (neither tapping the surface nor using the integrated buttons). Mouse movement with the touchpad works fine while this is happening.

I have to use keyboard shortcuts to save all my work and close apps, then reboot.

Options

4 Posts

01-20-2013

Canada

13 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 9 of 13

2013-01-21, 7:10 AM

UPDATE***

I am a computer tech by trade, not that it really matters just to point out I am used to solving tech problems for people all day long.

So, in my frustration with the touch pad I decided I better pull out my bluetooth mouse and hook her up before I went crazy.

I installed the mouse and right after I did a few task I thought, now that is soooo much better than the touch pad so I reached down to remind myself of how bad it was and BAM it was good.  I had control of it the mouse was swirling with my finger, nice and smooth...  Am I saying hooking in the bluetooth fixed the problem? No, but it is a BIG coincidence for sure.  So I turned off the bluetooth mouse and rebooted the machine and it is still working fine.

In my daily travels I run into many things that don't make sense and I have learned to just accept the bizzare.

I will update here if it goes bad again.

Kelly

Options

7 Posts

12-29-2012

United States

20 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 10 of 13

2013-01-21, 18:35 PM

The stuttery mouse cursor problem is caused by Lenovo's power management utility; turning this off fixes it (although then the keyboard will no longer be disabled in tablet mode). Perhaps something you did with blutooth affected this. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)