cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjackg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,187
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13 Touchscreen Keyboard not working and hangs the whole system everytime tried

Everytime I try to activate the Touchscreen Keyboard on my Yoga 13, it does not come up and the entire system hangs.

At that point the only way to get the system back up is a forced re-boot by pressing the power key for 10 seconds.

I called Customer support but they told me it was a software issue and refused to even try to diagnose the problem.

This is my first Lenovo computer and I am not pleased!

Guru
Views: 1,166
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 Touchscreen Keyboard not working and hangs the whole system everytime tried

Have you tried a factory reset by pressing the One Key Recovery Button just left of the power button?

A factory reset will fix it! And takes only 15 minutes of your time. Maybe 30 minutes in case you have to make any back-ups.

I hope I helped you!

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

cjackg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,136
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 Touchscreen Keyboard not working and hangs the whole system everytime tried

I was not able to do a Recovery of any type since the hard drive on my Yoga was reorganized in fixing the Lenovo disk partition allocations problem when the system was new.

What finally fixed the problem was when I installed Windows 8.1 yesterday!  Now everything works as expected!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors