Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeatCatalog
What's DOS?
Views: 3,090
Message 1 of 10

Yoga 13 Transition fails in windows 8.1 preview

I put the 8.1 preview on my yoga and its a great improvement. However, tent mode no longer works as the screen no longer rotates. While I don't expect lenovo to support any beta windows products, it would be nice if I could have this feature back!

Anyone have a solution for tent mode? Screen also doesn't rotate if I move screen sideways, etc.

Thanks in advance!

bmoura
Punch Card
Views: 2,979
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 13 Transition fails in windows 8.1 preview

I'm hoping that the Lenovo staff are tracking the progress of the Windows 8.1 release.

Here, I have a Yoga 11 RT with Windows 8.1 RT.  It mostly works except for some key problem areas - email via Exchange does not work and the Windows Store is no longer available.

Since Windows 8.1/8.1 RT will be completed in a matter of weeks, let's hope that Lenovo will make sure Microsoft fixes these problems on Lenono Yoga products before the 8.1 products are finalized !

serghp33
What's DOS?
Views: 2,883
Message 3 of 10

I have had the same problem as well. Many actually, first of all, I have a Lenovo Yoga 13 convertible laptop, I loved this computer since the day I got it; now that I updated to 8.1 however, I don't get to enjoy all the features. The computer doesn't transition to the tent mode, or to the standing upright mode, and I really dislike that. The main reason I got this computer was for the ability to use it as a tablet as well, so this is really irritating. Other issues I have noticed are the calibrations for the touch screen are not working well. I have tried everything to fix them, even though before I updated they were working fine. Finally while watching videos on any program such as Youtube or Netflix, I used to be able to transition the screen in any way and it would work great, now however everytime I try to transition the laptop, the video slows down and starts skipping so much that it's not worth watching. I hope other people are having better luck with the 8.1 windows preview because for me it has just been a bad experience, and for now I am changing back to Windows 8 until they fix these problems.

lannylinc
Paper Tape
Views: 2,171
Message 4 of 10

Re: Yoga 13 Transition fails after windows 8.1 upgrade done today

I have the same problem too and it's frustrating and makes the Yoga incapable of performing it's yoga moves.  The view is upside down with the transition software not responding to tent mode!  Severely disappointed as it is critical to my use and purpose for buying this.  Also did mutliple installations of relevent transition software launch after an uninstal but also unsuccessful.  Tried compatability mode on windows 8, then administrator mode, alternative installation paths.  Most installs also result in an unable to install message even though it says it's installed a second later.  Highly confusing to operate!

answeeney
Paper Tape
Views: 2,146
Message 5 of 10

Download and install the yoga 2 pro transition driver. This works okay on my yoga 13.
lannylinc
Paper Tape
Views: 2,130
Message 6 of 10

Thank you for your advice!   It's much appreciated but unfortunately also unsuccessful.  Although my Yoga 13 (i5, 128GB) performed flawlessly on Windows 8 and a previous reformat of the machine from 8.1 to 8, the transition software (for Yoga 13 and Yoga 2) does not work on tent mode or any angle.  Activating the auto-rotate button does not result in any thing and no message saying auto-rotate on/off also comes on even though the button notified me of on/off before installing the transition software.  However when I reawaken my machine from hibernate (not sleep), it makes an exception and rotates which ever direction atleast twice.  Logging in maintains this orientation although it'll fail to rotate again.  Furthermore although it rotates during screen lock, the image is all blurry and under resolved in any other angle but the natural laptop one.  Either way Transition is not working and as a customer in Sri-Lanka who shipped the item from the U.S., I only have the kind advice of fellow users here to help.  Lenovo has not responded to any of my requests for help regarding this!

Thank you so much

sbanders27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,128
Message 7 of 10

My machine also cannot switch into tent mode. Wish we could get a Lenovo respond on this.
misterhobbs
What's DOS?
Views: 2,069
Message 8 of 10

I'm having the same problem even with using the Yoga 2 Transition software.  Everything worked fine in Windows 8, but as soon as I upgraded to 8.1 I've had a few issues, with this being a big one.

lannylinc
Paper Tape
Views: 2,048
Message 9 of 10

Clearly it seems that given all the time that has elapsed with Lenovo not responding or providing any
Solution whatsoever, I was forced to roll back the software to windows 8 built in. It was faster and works flawlessly. I have also come to realize that any product is only as good as the service that comes with it and weeks of frustration
lannylinc
Paper Tape
Views: 2,045
Message 10 of 10

can only regret ever buying from a manufacturer where forums such as these suggest customer neglect.
Buying a lap top isn't just a one off purchase, it's a potential long term, loyal relationship
with a brand. Unless of course your lap top proves to be a lack top instead!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors