Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-21-2014

United States

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga 13 - Trying to connect to WiFi crashes explorer

2014-04-21, 14:08 PM

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 that I purchased in May 2013. Since I have owned it I have had some sporadic WiFi issues. I understand that WiFi issues for this model are common, but I have not found any examples of my specific issue.

When I try to use my Yoga to connect to a WiFi network that it has not connected to before, this often happens:

1. The connection process takes longer than usual
  2. The wireless adapter, Realtek RTL8723A Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter, apparently turns off.
  3. Explorer.exe crashes.
  4. Explorer.exe restarts and the wireless adapter is active again, but I'm not connected to the network.

If I actually open up the list of network connections and try this while that folder is open then explorer.exe does not crash but the rest of the process still occurs. Connecting takes a while, the adapter apparently turns off and turns back on, and I can't connect.

The problem seems more common when my laptop is plugged into an AC outlet, but I am not sure if that is relevant or not.

I've delayed a while because I was hoping an update to Windows 8.1 might help this. However, after trying multiple times I have been unable to do that either. I get that "black screen bug" after the update, and getting a recovery drive from a friend with Windows 8.1 didn't help.

I've tried to update all the files I can find, but that hasn't helped this WiFi problem either. Does this problem seem familiar? Do you know what I can do to fix it? I've tried all the updates I can, including the June 2013 driver update. Nothing has helped. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms