cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 20,603

Question

Is anyone having a problem with two-finger tap to right click?  Two-finger tap to right click was working fine for a while, but it suddenly stopped on my Yoga 13.

I reinstalled the touchpad drivers, and it worked for a few days, then it stopped again.  Two-finger click still works fine.  So does one-finger tap to left click.

Answer

This driver will solve the above issue, which can occur if the Edge Swipe function has been unchecked.

Synaptics TouchPad Driver
0ttp16ww.exe
113MB
Windows 8 64bit 16.2.21.3 15 Nov 2012

If you want to disable Edge Swipe while still retaining two finger tap right click function,

1. Disable Edge Swipe via the normal Synaptics settings: Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings -> Settings -> Edge Swipe -> Uncheck.

2. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + x, select "run", enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:

HKEY_USERS\<SID name for your current user>\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2

3. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

4. Next in the right pane, and this is what disabling Edge Swipe actually changes which breaks everything, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3 (it's originally a 3 before you disable Edge Swipe).

5. As a bonus, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".

Unless you have multiple users, your SID is most likely the longest string, for instance, "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1669614795-426116693-2193257368-1003." 

Was this information helpful?