Options

16 Posts

01-10-2013

Colorado

24 Signins

207 Page Views

• Views: 207
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 13: Where is my 128GB drive? I just see a total of 101 GB.

2013-01-10, 20:10 PM

I just purchased a 4 GB of DRAM Yoga 13 yesterday but the advertised 128 GB drive seems to only be 101 GB.  I have a C: drive that is about 97 GB and a D: drive that is 4 GB.  I've read through the forum about lots of tiny partitions on older systems and also about a hot fix but it sounds like the hot fix would only merge my C and D drives and still leave 27 GB missing.

Is this 27 GB used by the one key recovery and the Intel rapid start?

Any recomendations on what I should do?

1. Should I just be happy and leave well enough alone?
  2. Should I make a backup of the D: drive and merge that with the C: drive? I'll admit that I don't know how to merge the two drives or what tool to even start up to attempt it.
  3. Should I run the hot fix as it will give me more than 101 GB.  If I swap out the 4GB card for an 8GB card will this get confused after the hotfix?

Thanks for any help.

Options

9 Posts

12-26-2012

Germany

133 Signins

737 Page Views

• Views: 737
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 13: Where is my 128GB drive? I just see a total of 101 GB.

2013-01-10, 21:18 PM

"Is this 27 GB used by the one key recovery and the Intel rapid start?"

Yes

1. Depends on you.

2. You can merge C and D easily without any additional tool. http://techstrick.blogspot.de/2012/07/How-to-combine-partition.html

3. The hotfix won't help you much, it's intended mainly for the first batch of Yoga's which had really bad disk partioning.

Options

16 Posts

01-10-2013

Colorado

24 Signins

207 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2013-01-12, 4:45 AM

Well I did number 2 but obviously I screwed It up as now my 4GB D drive is gone and my 97 GB C drive is still 97 GB.  So I just threw away 4% of my disk space.

So the list of partitions is:

1000 MB Recovery Partition

260 MB EFI System Partition

1000 MB OEM Partition

96.91 GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition

8 GB Primary Partition

12 GB Recovery Partition

I rebooted and still have the same results.

I don't exactly remember what it looked like before I touched it except there was a D drive and I made it become Free Space but after doing the extend on the C drive which looked like the instructions, it did not add it.

Any idea what the 8 GB Primary Partition is?

If the only way to get the 4 GB back is to do a system restore I will get over it as I have only loaded a little bit of software so far.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

P.S. Maybe I should try the hot fix before doing the one key recovery.

Options

16 Posts

01-10-2013

Colorado

24 Signins

207 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2013-01-12, 18:32 PM

Well I did the one key recovery and that did not get my 4 GB partition.

So, I would not recommend anyone try what I did.

I just threw away 4 GB of disk space trying to make my drive look pretty and the recovery process does not get it back.

The disk tools do not allow me to modify the 8GB primary partition so there is nothing I can do at this point except accept the fact that I have a machine with a 97GB disk drive.  One day, I'll open it up and add a 256 GB drive but for now I just have to live with my mistake. 

I should mention that when I tried to run the hot fix that it said not to do it if you messed with you partition so I did not do that for fear that I would really toast the machine.

If I was a shameful person, I would return this one and get another but it is my fault so I'll stick with it.

Maybe I'll just shove a 32 GB SD card in the slot and call it good.  I am a bit disappointed as the tools seem to claim I was doing everything correctly

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete