cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 13,633
Message 31 of 49

Re: Yoga 13 and battery is plugged in, not charging.

Disable conservation mode in the EM program and then uninstall the EM program.

devicemanager
Punch Card
Views: 13,633
Message 32 of 49

@truonghoangnhu wrote:

I have problem like you. I tried many time but it not fixed. Lenovo has update BIOS at 8/20/2014 .My battery is 0% i can not flash bios. I think update the BIOS can solve the problem.

Please note that the bios update you're referring to is for the Yoga 2 13.

---

Summary of Changes:

Latest Version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous.

96CN25WW
[Modified]
1. Enable LTR.
[Add]
1. Implement SSD/HDD detect to fill RX EQ setting.

----

I do not see any fixes for battery-related issues.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 13,630
Message 33 of 49

Here you go:

Understanding battery charging issues
If the notebook battery is not charging or the notebook does not indicate that the battery is charging, the most likely scenario is that the battery itself is operating correctly, but its power management software may have become corrupt. In order to correct the problem, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the power management software by using the Device Manager. This document will explain how to uninstall and reinstall the ACPI Battery listings in Windows Vista, as well as how to obtain and install updated BIOS files, if needed to correct other battery issues.
Uninstalling and reinstalling power management software in Windows Vista
In order to correct problems with the battery's power management software, follow the steps below.
1. Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .
2. Expand the Batteries category.
3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .
Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .
Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging.

Highlighted
vam
What's DOS?
Views: 13,578
Message 34 of 49

HI, Have you found a solution to your problem ? ? I have the same issue as D4nBond1

Brand new 11s core i5, battery never gets charged though it says "Plugged and Charging".

When I unplug the adapter, it just dies.

Thanks

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 13,569
Message 35 of 49

@vam wrote:

HI, Have you found a solution to your problem ? ? I have the same issue as D4nBond1

Brand new 11s core i5, battery never gets charged though it says "Plugged and Charging".

When I unplug the adapter, it just dies.

Thanks

Um....

@indest wrote:

Here you go:

Understanding battery charging issues
If the notebook battery is not charging or the notebook does not indicate that the battery is charging, the most likely scenario is that the battery itself is operating correctly, but its power management software may have become corrupt. In order to correct the problem, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the power management software by using the Device Manager. This document will explain how to uninstall and reinstall the ACPI Battery listings in Windows Vista, as well as how to obtain and install updated BIOS files, if needed to correct other battery issues.
Uninstalling and reinstalling power management software in Windows Vista
In order to correct problems with the battery's power management software, follow the steps below.
1. Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .
2. Expand the Batteries category.
3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .
Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .
Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging.

Lussy_Picker
What's DOS?
Views: 13,423
Message 36 of 49

Hi there.  I have an ideapad flex 15 that was bought 6 months ago.  The orange light that indicates the battery is charging is flashing when plugged in and it won't charge more than 17%.  The laptop came with Windows 8.  Is there a way to fix this issue?   Hope someone can help.  Thank you.  

bodhed
Paper Tape
Views: 13,251
Message 37 of 49

So I have a Yoga 13 and have been using Notebook FanControl for past 18 months or so - I did occasionally get thebad AC adaptor message but otherwise it all worked fine. Just the other day however, my battery was down at 5% after using without the AC adaptor and then when I plugged it in, it wouldn't charge beyond 2%. The battery indicator said 'Plugged in, charging' but there was no animation on the icon and it wouldn't charge. Here's the things i've already tried, in order of how I did them, but none worked:

i) Disable Notebook FanControl
ii) Unisntall and reinstall EM numerous times
iii) Battery Gauge Reset on EM - all it did was say 'reset complete' straight away, it didn't go through the process. EM says Battery Health is 'Good' and says 'Charging' although it isn;t
iv) Tried the hardware reset by long power button press but didn't do anything - I can't do this without the AC adaptor plugged in as there's not enough juice in the battery for it to come on, so I have to do the 30 second button press with the AC adaptor in and I'm not sure it's actually doing the reset.
v) Uninstalled and reinstalled the ACPI battery driver in Device Manager.
vi) Eventually did full system restore using the startup recessed button but it still didn't make a difference!

Tearing my hair out here, I'm almost certain it's a software issue, but there's no way I know of resetting the internal power settings. It's a pain to remove the battery as it's built-in but I'm not even sure that would help anyway... I'm not that confident in taking it apart so would probably have to send it to a repair place...

Is there any software way of getting the thing to reset? Surely if Notebook FanControl changed something then we can change it back!

My battery is now own to 0% so won't come on at all without the charger. I can't flash the BIOS as it needs minimum 30% battery.

Would really appreciate any help or advice with this issue. My laptop is currently just a desktop...

Many thanks,

bod

Goldeen
What's DOS?
Views: 13,180
Message 38 of 49

I have the same problem for several months now.

I have tried everything and can not get the battery to charge.

Uninstalled the enhanced lenovo power management and reinstalled, no luck.

I took the entire computer apart and removed the battery, booted up and then shut down added battery and still no luck.

Interestingly the power management was saying that my battery was not authentic before I removed it and then it is happy now that I reinstalled it (it is the original battery).

I have concluded like you that this is a software issue and was hoping that the bios upgrade would solve it but as my battery is now at 0%, I can not flash the bios ( how silly is that - Im plugged in).

I have been waiting for someone from lenovo to solve this problem on these boards but to no avail.  I am off warranty and will now buy a new laptop and use this Yoga 13 ideapad model 20175 running windows 8 64 bit as a desktop for my kids.

Bad show Lenovo - you can rest assure that I will not be buying Lenovo in the future.

MarkInOrlando
What's DOS?
Views: 12,884
Message 39 of 49

I agree with Goldean's post above...same issues and tried everything listed that I could find in these forums.  I'm soooooo surprised that Lenovo has not responded better as there are LOTS of post about "plugged in not charging" across several of their laptop models.  It's gotta be a software issue since it happened so fast...one day you've got a 4h battery that works great, the next it won't charge at all...though the AC adapter can run the laptop just fine.  Now my Yoga is at 3% and can't be operated without the plug.  Very disappointed as I was going to upgrade to a new Yoga once Windows 10 shipped.

dorlow
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,406
Message 40 of 49

I figured out my Yoga 2 not charging.  My Yoga 2 charges using the mini usb... the same connector that my cell phone, tablets, etc all use.  So, I just assumed I could use any of my chargers to charge my Yoga 2.  I was wrong.  I found an article on Lenovo saying it's required to use the Lenovo AC to USB converter and there are two USB cables that come with it.  You need to use the shorter fatter cable to charge the PC.  The keyboard charges with the longer thinner cable.  As soon as I did that, mine charges now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors