cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwenRoberts
Paper Tape
Views: 12,769
Message 21 of 49

Re: Yoga 13 and battery is plugged in, not charging.

I have my setting exactly how you said and many other people say but my battery life isnt moviing off 0% and i need help the only way i can go on it is with the charger in all the time. please help me 

sharewthanil
Paper Tape
Views: 12,682
Message 22 of 49

my system is just 20 days old but now i faced this battery issue- plugged in not charging.

I uninstalled power management and installed again. YES, IT WORKED. now it is charging normally. let us hope it will not recur.

LoffKat
Paper Tape
Views: 11,341
Message 23 of 49

I have the exact same issue.  Lenovo said that i have to restore my os to factory defaults.... colossal pain in the butt.  I will try that before speding $150 to replace the battery.  I will post if the system restore fixed the issues.

I have to say, one should never have to format a computer to fix a battery issue.  the driver should be up to date and working.  This is beyond ridiculous and I've never encountered this with a Dell, Toshiba or Acer, all current models.

Skibumwi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 11,296
Message 24 of 49

All,

I ran into this problem yesterday and tried eveything that I could that was listed here in the forum.  I did fix the issue but I'd like to point out that the latest version of Energy Manager no longer has a "Max Battery Life" setting.

It turned out that the issue was caused by a Fan Management program that I had installed to try and better contorl the fans on the PC.  After chasing the issue fo a while I became convinced that it was a Software issue, not related to firmware or hardware , so I did a System Restore to an older restore point and everything worked great! Luckily Ihad set a new restore point just prior to installing the software SpeedFan.  

Speedfan has many profiles to chose from and I selected the one for the Yoga Pro, even though I have the Yoga 2 (amateur version :-)) and it appears that SpeedFan was limiting my ability to charge the PC. Once it was removed the PC started working just as expected.

It seems that this "plugged in, but not charging" issue goes across many of the Lenovo lines but I don't want to re-type this message in 20 different forums.  Hopefully, the word will spread - CHECK THE LAST PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT YOU INSTALLED PRIOR TO THE PROBLEM OCCURRING - and Set Restore Points before installing software!

Cheers,

Ski

devicemanager
Punch Card
Views: 11,287
Message 25 of 49

Another possible fix is to shut down, disconnect the charger, and hold the power switch in for 30 seconds. The system will power up for a few seconds and power off. Now power it back on and it should start charging.

jadewin
What's DOS?
Views: 10,909
Message 26 of 49

I have had my laptop for 2 months. I charged the laptop before getting on a plane to London. I checked into my hotel to try to turn it on but nothing. I plugged in the charger and it works plugged in, but it will not charge.

I have tried everything in this forum, and still nothing.

I have uninstalled and installed energy manager. I have tried to reset the battery guage, and I have tried to unplug the charger and push the on/off button to reset and restart a few minutes later. Nothing.

This is so aggrevating, I barely use this laptop. Please anyone have any other ideas?

@devicemanager wrote:

Another possible fix is to shut down, disconnect the charger, and hold the power switch in for 30 seconds. The system will power up for a few seconds and power off. Now power it back on and it should start charging.

@devicemanager wrote:

sebstasta99
What's DOS?
Views: 10,816
Message 27 of 49

i was worried that my laptop was broken but this definately helped. Smiley Very Happy

sebstasta99
What's DOS?
Views: 10,816
Message 28 of 49

have you checked if it is set to max battery life?
jadewin
What's DOS?
Views: 10,814
Message 29 of 49

I tried everything to no avail. I gave up and was traveling for work so I
didn't have time to call the IT support. A few days later I turned it on
and it was working. Not sure how or why, but hopefully it stays fixed!

Not loving this laptop in general. It prob was not a great choice for me
since I'm a big google and chrome user. Didn't think that would matter but
the chrome browser looks different than on other OS.

truonghoangnhu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,443
Message 30 of 49

I have problem like you. I tried many time but it not fixed. Lenovo has update BIOS at 8/20/2014 .My battery is 0% i can not flash bios. I think update the BIOS can solve the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors