cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xxD44xx
What's DOS?
Views: 28,705
Message 11 of 49

Re: Yoga 13 and battery is plugged in, not charging.

I had this, too.  Changing to maximum battery life (not health) worked.

Thanks!

epadin
Paper Tape
Views: 28,639
Message 12 of 49

Hello, I had the "60% problem" as well and the maximum battery life setting helped. I would also like to add the following information in case it helps: I am running a fresh install of Win8 pro. I needed to do this because I get my Win8 from work and have to use my company's KMS server to activate it. They don't give out activation codes to upgrade from other editions in-place. Of course, I installed all drivers and apps from the Lenovo site and there are no yellow indicators under device manager, so it looks like I got all my hard drivers. I do have the Lenovo power manager installed and recently changed from "battery life" to "battery health", which seems to be the source of the problem.

I guess I can keep it on "battery life" for now and worry about replacing the battery at a later date. It does charge pretty fast this way. It's one thing I really like about this model.
epadin
Paper Tape
Views: 28,592
Message 13 of 49

Okay, it took me a while to realize it, but charging up to 60%, and not beyond, is the _intended behavior_ of the "Optmized Battery Health" option. When I wrote my post I was thinking this a bug. I was thinking that the 'health' option would make for a slow charge but still go to 100%, but this 60% maximum makes sense. It's actually a good option for those who leave the unit plugged in all the time or just don't need long run times while untethered. Since this machine needs to be dismantled to change the battery, it's an option to consider. If anything, it's an ergonomic omission by Lenovo. The power mgmt app should show a popup or other warning since this behavior is not intuitive. Thanks for the help.
WillieR
What's DOS?
Views: 28,557
Message 14 of 49

I had the same problem after changing the settings in Lenovo Energy Management - not Windows Power Options. Changed back to Maximum Battery Life and fixed the problem.

Teej82
What's DOS?
Views: 28,313
Message 15 of 49

thank you

ph411co
What's DOS?
Views: 28,173
Message 16 of 49

Great explanation of the 60%.  I chased the "problem" all over the web, but your explanation answered the issue and now I know WHY it's 60% and how to get it to go to 100% (change the battery setting).

mystik1r
What's DOS?
Views: 28,116
Message 17 of 49

found the issue. 5 steps

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

MrBigtime
Paper Tape
Views: 28,035
Message 18 of 49

having this issue since 2 weeks now. and i fixed it with your post. HAHA!  awesome. thank you Smiley Happy

rfin16
Serial Port
Views: 27,906
Message 19 of 49

I tried the same and it has not changed. Does the system need to reboot? Mine is stuck at 95% when it always charged up to the max before. Thank you for suggestions.

Learoy1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 27,661
Message 20 of 49

Thanks Ishaan, i thought my battery had busted but your simple explination helped me out

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors