Did you mean: 
emx0r
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,175
Message 11 of 38

Re: Yoga 13 battery not charging over 90%

Hello Nine,

I'm on 66CN55WW as well.

I've upgraded OS to Windows 8.1, but to be honest I do not belive that OS has to do anything with it.

I've tried a few live Linux distros as well and all of them experiencing same problem.

Thank you

Former Employee
Views: 2,161
Message 12 of 38

Hi emx0r & all,

Thanks for posting back. I've since escalated this case to our tech teams and their currently investigating this issue. I'll keep everyone posted once I can get an update on the issue.

Regards
rurgah
What's DOS?
Views: 2,123
Message 13 of 38

I have the exact same issue.  Thinking about it, I am pretty sure this has started in the last couple weeks, maybe as far back as 3 weeks.  I will be interested to see the answers

Former Employee
Views: 2,109
Message 14 of 38

Hi all,

thanks for posting. As I see it at the moment they seems to be limited number of people affected by this issue and I believe this is very isolated to certain machines.. Our teams have been trying to check this out and unfortunately was not able to replicate this issue. I wondering if there is any one here willing to assist us to look at the issue by volunteering to send their machine in fo further investigation. If you do agree please do let me know and I'll get the relevant teams to coordinate a pickup from you.

Hope to hear back.

Regards
rurgah
What's DOS?
Views: 2,100
Message 15 of 38

I would like to add I had upgraded to Windows 8.1 about a month ago.  I noticed somebody else did as well.  I know he didn't think it was windows 8.1 related, but I wouldn't bet against it being related.  Perhaps the way the upgrade handled the API or misidentified battery on install.

As to sending in my Machine, at this time I am unable to.  It is currently my only laptop, so until I am either jobless or get a break I need it.  If either happens soon I will let you know.

opfreak
Paper Tape
Views: 2,087
Message 16 of 38

@NINE wrote:
Hi all,

thanks for posting. As I see it at the moment they seems to be limited number of people affected by this issue and I believe this is very isolated to certain machines.. Our teams have been trying to check this out and unfortunately was not able to replicate this issue. I wondering if there is any one here willing to assist us to look at the issue by volunteering to send their machine in fo further investigation. If you do agree please do let me know and I'll get the relevant teams to coordinate a pickup from you.

Hope to hear back.

Regards

Hi, my yoga 13 gen1 just started doing this. I checked my battery properties to make sure it wasn't set to battery health. (then turned on health, and back off to see if the some setting would reset, no luck). Then I tired to do the battery gauge reset, but that did nothing even running overnight, becuase the battery never reached 100% charged.

I'm willing to send my in. I originally purchased 12/5/2012, but swapped it at best buy on 1/24 due to a touch pad issue. And while it would suck to be without it, I'd love to get it fixed.

jlbusch
What's DOS?
Views: 2,070
Message 17 of 38

Just to dispell the notion that this is limited, this is also happening to my Yoga 13 gen 1.  I think it has only been going on a few weeks, difficult to tell though possible that it coincides with windows 8.1 installation.

SpideyMan
Punch Card
Views: 2,046
Message 18 of 38

One of the common ways to resolve battery issues is to hold the power button down for 30 seconds. This appears to reset some settings in the Lenovo firmware. If that doesn't work it's typically a battery issue and the battery needs to be replaced. It's not uncommon for laptop batteries to go out within 1-3 years.

If you contact Lenovo Support they will step you through the common troubshooting steps for battery not charging. We recently had a Yoga serviced for the same issue and the battery had to be replaced. Once this was done the battery charged without issue.

eaoo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,020
Message 19 of 38

I have a Yoga 13 gen1, and I also have this problem.  Several months ago it stopped charging over 90% - even though it claimed to be "plugged in, charging."  I didn't think too much of it though. As of a few days ago, the battery won't charge at all.  So, for those of you who have this issue, be warned that it may get worse! (and for me, it's happened only two weeks after the laptop battery was no longer under warranty - almost as if htere were a built in timer on the battery...)

I have not upgraded to 8.1.

jjjake01
What's DOS?
Views: 1,972
Message 20 of 38

Nine

Any luck with this?

My yoga pro laptop is 2 weeks old, and for some reason the battery won't charge.

i've tried:

--Removing the battery

--uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and energy management

--etc...

Still no luck

Please Help!

thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors