cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xenodius
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13; cursor skip with hardware button.

Hello, just registered here because I've been having a bit of an issue with my Yoga.  I have the I5-3337U/4gb/128gb config; I purchased it with the intent of upgradability. I love everything about the yoga!  But haven't found a fix for this issue......  

When using the trackpad, clicking by depressing the pad intermittently causes my cursor to skip back to the origin of its movement.  When tapping, this does not occur.  Sometimes it will happen only once, sometimes it will happen 10 or more times before it stops.  It can be quite frustrating since not all pointing tasks are suitable for a touchscreen and it is my nature to click, not tap.  I've already installed the latest Synaptics drivers, and it still does it.   

Any thoughts?  All are appreciated.  The intriguing thing is that this occurs only sometimes, and I can't seem to discern a pattern.

ddarvish
Punch Card
Views: 296
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 13; cursor skip with hardware button.

i second this problem... it is one of the most annoying things along with the fact that the right side of the track pad is registered as a right click.. why they hell cant the trackpad work just like apples? they got that one right

pas
Punch Card
Views: 277
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 13; cursor skip with hardware button.

There's a way to make it work like Apple's.  I modified some registry keys -- I forget exactly which ones -- to enable these settings in the control panel.  My entire trackpad is left click, with a two-finger right click.

I'll try to figure out which registry keys I modified.  Does your computer allow you to set the whole pad to two-finger right click?

I third the problem with the "skipping."

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors