04-25-2013

america

54 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13 glass

2013-04-25, 20:55 PM

Yesterday while I was opening my NEW yoga Clementine the glass cracked suddenly . It has only 1 month, no thumps, (I look it after like a baby) . I can´t  explain what happened, first a saw a line so I thought it was a hair, but then, I realized it was cracked from up to down near the cam. The LCD works but  I´m affraid to use the touch.

Lenovo says that they have a machine that opens and closes the computer over and over to test the functionality of the hinge. There are other tests—keyboard functionality, drop tests, etc. When they build new products like Yoga, they want it to look good and they  want it to last too so I ask: Did they test the glass? What happen with the glass while you where opening and closing it?

The product quality is awful. It is very expensive and have a  weak materials. I´m dissapointed. My old IBM thinkpad had a strong structure , and I never had any problems.

Today I called to lenovo IWS (International Warranty Service) . The global service is a lie. If you are in transit in other country, the warranty doesn´t work. You must returned to the country where you bought it. SO THINK ABOUT IT:   IF YOU TRAVEL A LOT!!  APPLE GAVE ME A NEW TABLET WHEN THE POWER BUTTON DIDN´T WORK while I was in argentine.  Now I think that my next tablet will be an APPLE.

Options

1 Posts

04-26-2013

south florida

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 glass

2013-04-26, 12:07 PM

See what happens after you crack glass on an Ipad. Apple will want more to fix it than you paid retail for it. Same goes for Iphone 5s with cracked glass. If they are willing for fix it I would consider that more than fair.

Options

2 Posts

04-25-2013

america

54 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 glass

2013-05-03, 12:32 PM

You will NEVER have your tablet glass cracked by itself!!! the frame is  hard and firm (not a wimpy one as lenovo) that is impossible to craked it, and you don´t need to open it too!!

by the way, I was comparing the warranty services. Apple changed the tablet in one bussiness day ( and I didn´t need neither the custum entry form nor the  invoise), Lenovo..first call: you must send an email attaching : the entry form, the invoice and a photo!!!... Second:  the product manager is on holidays!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete