Options

7 Posts

11-11-2013

FRANCE

15 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 13 has permanent background activity, how to find it ?

2013-11-13, 15:19 PM

Hello,

My Yoga 13 is running now under windows 8.1 and it has not fixed my issue...

I have a permanent background activity because every second the pointer blinks with the cursor "aero working".

windows_8_cursor_for_windows_7__vista__xp_by_rahulsharma49-d5450k9.png

I have tried to open the task manager and have a look, but nothing is really high, the CPU is 10% used memory 68%. Except task manager itself, nothing is overloading the CPU.

I thought it was my antivirus Kaspersky, so i try to uninstall it and still blinking.

I thought an update would solve the problem, but all windows 8 updates did not. I thought windows 8.1 might helps : but still "aero working" poping every single seconds.

This blinking cursor annoyes me. Frustrates me.

How to find which application is permanently working at the point to make the cursor blinks ?

How to detect which software does it ?

Thanks.

Colin.

Options

28 Posts

11-12-2012

Ohio

195 Signins

1611 Page Views

• Views: 1611
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 13 has permanent background activity, how to find it ?

2013-11-13, 16:04 PM

When my computer is idle the CPU runs 1-3% and the RAM is about 18% (8GB installed). When I go to my task manager I have IE and the TouchPad using the highest CPU load @ 0-3% and Memory is the highest for IE @ 80-83MB. Most processes are using less than 10MB of memory with only 4 processes over 20MB.

Other programs are occasionally pulling 1-3% as I am watching the Task Manager, but only for a second or two.  Nothing is pulling a consistent load on the CPU.

You could try looking in your task manager and see what is pulling more CPU and Memory than IE and go from there.

Options

7 Posts

11-11-2013

FRANCE

15 Signins

64 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2013-11-22, 3:26 AM

Hello,

Long time to answer because i am traveling a lot and i do not have usable internet connections.

So i had a look on the Task Manager, except IE and touch pad, nothing really pulling more than 1%.

But, but, but i have a constant "runtime broker" loaded in the task manager.

After a look on the web, it could be an hardware or software conflict.

So i search in the device manager and the sound card drivers seems to not be correctly installed, i've tried to update the drivers by dowloading them from lenovo support but it changed nothing. Device is still not correctly installed. Strange because sound cards appears in the devie manager.

On the web PCI 0, device 4, function 0 seems to be the sound card, isn't it ?

I've updated the graphic drivers with the latest one from intel web site. Nothing changed.

So where can i find this drivers ? I'm gonna put a copy of this message in a dedicated thread about drivers.

Thanks.
Colin.

here a picture of the device manager :

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Options

7 Posts

11-11-2013

FRANCE

15 Signins

64 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2013-11-22, 3:44 AM
Sorry, it is not "runtime broker" but "system interrupts" that is showing up permanently and maybe linked to hardware or software conflict
Options

3 Posts

11-22-2013

UK

5 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 5 of 5

2013-11-22, 11:47 AM
Try disabling the runSwUSB.exe service. Not sure what the purpose of this service is but I and others have done this without any discernable adverse effects and it has stopped that annoying curser behaviour.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete