Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qu3st
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,180
Message 1 of 93

Yoga 13, keyboard not turning off until almost fully folded

Let me try to explain this; with the yoga screen rotated so the screen is 90 degrees to the body but the keyboard facing down (essentially the mirror to a normal laptop), the keyboard/touchpad are staying on. I have to rotate it so it is only about 45 degrees from being in full tablet mode before it shuts off. I've owned it for a week and it was at least shutting off in reverse laptop roatation until tonight.

This sucks because I can't sit it on my lap without my leggs screwing with the mouse pad.

Any ideas?

Jbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,100
Message 2 of 93

Re: Yoga 13, keyboard not turning off until almost fully folded

I'm having the exact same issue.  I have the latest touchpad drivers released a few days ago, as well.

Sometimes it seems the keyboard/touchpad disabler function does not work correctly.  When it doesn't work correctly, like above, it will only disable the keyboard/touchpad once within 45 degrees of being in complete tablet mode.

Jbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,050
Message 3 of 93

Is anyone else having this problem?  I still have this problem about 50% of the time when I bend it backwards.  Never had it with the previous touchpad drivers...

fleebailey33
Paper Tape
Views: 15,985
Message 4 of 93

Yoga 13 Keyboard not turning off

Yoga 13 keyboard is not being disabled when I flip, what is the solution?

fleebailey33
Paper Tape
Views: 15,979
Message 5 of 93

Same issue

Jbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,961
Message 6 of 93

I bet a lot, if not most, have this problem... because they probably don't use it in stand mode that often, and it doesn't happen all the time.  I started noticing it after the new touchpad drivers, so that leads me to believe it's a software issue.

invinceable
Paper Tape
Views: 15,857
Message 7 of 93

I'm having this issue as well.  Mine does it when I use it in tablet or stand mode for extended periods and then try to flip back to laptop mode, the keys and touchpad sometimes don't reactivate at all.  I then have to close and reopen the lid to get it to work again but the keys won't deactivate until nearly fully flipped in tablet mode, similar to the problem you all are having.

I should add that completely restarting the laptop restores functionality back to normal.

Very strange but likely a driver or software issue.  I hope Lenovo fixes this before the return policy is up or I'm taking this back as this is quite an annoying issue.  Really defeats the purpose of flipping between various modes.

halcyon_andon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,788
Message 8 of 93

I am having this issue too. I just noticed it today, had the yoga for about 5 days. It doesn't disable the keyboard until it gets about 70 degrees from being rotated into full table mode. That means that when I have it on my lap in stand mode my legs are pushing keys and moving the trackpad. Annoying. I haven't seen if a reboot will help, gonna try that next.

chicamuxen
Punch Card
Views: 15,748
Message 9 of 93

I am having the same issue. Really the only problem i have now. I have had the Yoga for 2-3 weeks, and this problem just started recently. Has anyone figured out if this is a software problem or hardware problem? Any help from Lenovo moderator here?

Steve2012
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,693
Message 10 of 93

Why is this marked as solved when only a workaround was found?  Until it works the way it is meant to, this is not solved...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors